Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, on my way to drop off my Accord to get my new tires put on, I noticed a Havasu Blue EX-L sitting on the lot at Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg. I already had my digicam sitting in the car because I was taking some pics of the wood trim in my Accord for another thread, so I thought I might as well pull it out and snap a few pictures.

Actually "banningjr" sent me an e-mail a couple of days telling me that he saw the same one, and was wondering what I thought. We've both got our opinions, but what about yours?

As far as I can tell, it had the following accessories installed:

Side Steps
Air Deflector
Gold Trim Kit
Bumper Garnish
Roof Rack Crossbars
Auto Day/Night Mirror
Fog Lights
Lower Trim

I took some close-ups of the specific accessories, that I also post.

This first picture is a profile...

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Air Deflector

This is a close-up of the air deflector. You can also catch a glimpse of the gold trim, lower trim and bumper garnish.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumper Garnish

Here is a close-up of the bumper garnish and the gold trim on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fog Lights w/ Lower Trim

Here is a close-up of the fog lights installed with the lower trim. You can also see the bumper garnish and the gold trim in this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Chrome bumper garnish w/ gold emblems too much. Starting to look like those cool cummuter jeeps in the Philippines.;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front View

This is just a generic front view of this Havasu Blue. My wife took this one sitting in the driver's seat of her Grandmother's Dodge Neon Expresso (our transportation, now that the Pilot is past due, and the Accord is in for tires). I keep telling her to zoom in and get closer, but you can see the results. At least its better than the ones I took with my shadow right in the middle of the grill!

You can see the fog lights, lower trim, air deflector, gold trim and bumper garnish in this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
2k3_nbp said:
Chrome bumper garnish w/ gold emblems too much. Starting to look like those cool cummuter jeeps in the Philippines.;)

I agree ... and don't forget Bangkok, Thailand as well ...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Side Steps

OK, my last post. I have several others, but didn't want to go overkill. I reduced the size for posting, and I think they still look pretty good, but if anyone is interested in bigger size/higher resolution, I'll be glad to e-mail them direct. I'm on vacation for a week though, so it might take a while to get back to you.

This last one is a close-up of the side steps.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Whew

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this was starting to be overboard. The Pilot is just a neat vehicle I hate to see a dealer beat it with the ugly stick trying to show all the accessories on one vehicle. Maybe if it were Black, Red, or E-green Pearl you might be able to do it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2k3_nbp said:
I agree. That was the first thing I noticed. banningjr said he noticed it driving by at 40 mph! I just don't think the whole Havasu Blue, silver bumper garnish & gold trim kit is working here.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the one that they offered to sell me when my date kept getting pushed out (before they added the accessories to it). I told them I'd think about it on a Friday, called back on Saturday and said I'd just wait, and then my Monday, all the accessories were already installed!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Agreed ... the whole silver bumper garnish only works if the entire vehicle to include emblems and decals are all the same color. The lower trim is a bit garish and the PILOT would look better without ... I think it would look classy if everything was silver, no lower trim, no and no wind deflector.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You know...

After staring at it for several hours I kind of like the bumper and mirror garnish ... I think it would look sharp on my Black PILOT ... keeping that everything stays silver, no gold trim ...

PrG

·
Registered
664 Posts
Let me start it this way, if you got it I'm sorry and don't mean to offend. But as they say IMHO the two main colors the trim does not seem to look right on are the Havasu Blue and the Sandstone. It will probably be out of place on the Sagebrush as well. It's almost like they needed to make a gold trim kit.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
banningjr said:
Let me start it this way, if you got it I'm sorry and don't mean to offend. But as they say IMHO the two main colors the trim does not seem to look right on are the Havasu Blue and the Sandstone. It will probably be out of place on the Sagebrush as well. It's almost like they needed to make a gold trim kit.
No, no offense taken ... I wholeheartedly agree ... I was only adding though that if done right the bumper and mirror garnish might look good on the PILOT ... Of course if properly color coordinated.

PrG

·
Registered
55 Posts

the more I look at the pics of this Pilot the more I hate it, its just ugly to have gold emblems and chrome accents together, and especially on this color :eek: I hope I dont get stuck with that color and with those options on it! whats up with those fogs sticking out? if someone didnt have that front bumper trim thing it would look strange wouldnt it? I started liking the pilot when I saw it in red and black and white, but this pic is just ugly. Sorry dont mean any offense.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
No offense taken ...

Bling on !!!

PrG

·
Registered
55 Posts

whats up PrG! how is the new Nighthawk EX-L going? would you care to post some pics of the interior? I have seen a lot of the exterior and already know its nice, but I want some pics of the interior that show the front driver/passenger area the middle row area and the rear seat area and the cargo area as well. would you be nice enought to do that please? My local honda dealer doesnt have a single pilot on their lot and I forgot how it looked.

TIA

1 - 20 of 35 Posts