Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has your Pilot been spotted by another hondapilot.org Piloteer?

Ours was last weekend when a fellow AZ hondapilot.org member spotted our FILTHY green Pilot outside of an office supplies shop (we were inside). They then pm'd us to confirm their spotting - they suspected it was us because of the running boards, etc. Ironically, I carded my first Pilot owner (not just empty Pilot) when we were leaving the office supplies shop and he immediately asked me if our Pilot had a rattle (he had just replaced his driver's side 2nd row door as it has been misaligned - I told him I had heard of that problem on this site, but had not experienced it myself)...It was a bit strange being spotted ::eek: - a tiny bit like stalking - I guess if I'm watching other Pilots - then I should expect that they're watching me, too!

So - have you been spotted by a fellow member???

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Originally posted by 2GREENCARS
Not yet, mind you only RipRock & I are the only members in our area, I've carded 2 Pilots but to no avail:(

·
Registered
146 Posts
nope not yet. I've even seen a lot of other pilots, but none sporting the honda-pilot.org sticker.

Where are my Chicago peeps?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, 2GreenCars, I resemble that! :2:

The only thing I stalk is asparagus.

·
Registered
461 Posts
2GreenCars....I actually looked for you in AZ! I figured if I ran into a green Pilot, I'd just pop up and ask if you were 2greencars. The owner would either think I was crazy or be you and think I was crazy! Never saw a green one though!

Just back from Baltimore. Oh my goodness....the place is crawling with them. Swear I saw more Pilots than Explorers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my3kids said:
2GreenCars....I actually looked for you in AZ! I figured if I ran into a green Pilot, I'd just pop up and ask if you were 2greencars. The owner would either think I was crazy or be you and think I was crazy! Never saw a green one though!

Just back from Baltimore. Oh my goodness....the place is crawling with them. Swear I saw more Pilots than Explorers.
I saw you - - just kidding...

Where were you? Do tell! :2:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Scottsdale for about a week. Absolutely loved the area. Also Tucson and The Grand Canyon. I'm going back to the Phoenix area in the fall. I would live there in a heartbeat....traffic was a little scary, but your weather....WOW!

I did wonder if I was spotted.....wrote in another post that I saw lots of Pilots and wondered if any of them were any of you. I was the fish out of water....VA plates in the soutwestern states.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) most chicago peeps that are members of the board would nod when seeing a fellow piloteer. that happens in michigan too. what's up with arkansas though where I now practice, I see a lot of pilot but I guess hardly anybody is in this board yet:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:3: plus of course the creep who keyed my car!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
RUFIO said:
nope not yet. I've even seen a lot of other pilots, but none sporting the honda-pilot.org sticker.

Where are my Chicago peeps?
a couple of times while driving I have been waved by fellow piloters...my guess is they are/were on the board...dont know who though...:(

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
sblvro said:
what's up with arkansas though where I now practice, I see a lot of pilot but I guess hardly anybody is in this board yet:rolleyes:
They ain't got the inner-net there yet. :2:

(Sorry, I'm from Oklahoma, and there aren't that many people we can joke about... :D)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have several in our area. Cell phones and SUV's are both very popular in South Louisiana. But we wave at each other when we pass on the road. I had a VW Beetle before and we had a special wave. I do know that there is one person in town with my exact car. Mine has a special license plate though, so it is very easily spotted.

Kimmy:p

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
tracy said:

They ain't got the inner-net there yet. :2:

(Sorry, I'm from Oklahoma, and there aren't that many people we can joke about... :D)
:D :D ;)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
PNW-PILOT, I think I spotted you!

Heading toward Silverdale, I was heading back to Podunk...It was that one gorgeous sunny day we had a few days ago around 4:30...you must be like 6'6 or something? If that was indeed you.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I don't *think* I've been spotted.

There are plenty of Pilots in my town, but I'm one of MAYBE three Evergreen Pearl units.

Most Pilot owners don't respond to my waves and other acknowledgements, so I stopped doing it a while ago.......:(

I should be easy to spot, given my "Limited Edition" color choice!!:D

My org sticker is in the top / center of my back window.

·
Registered
496 Posts
a2Pilot said:
I don't *think* I've been spotted.

There are plenty of Pilots in my town, but I'm one of MAYBE three Evergreen Pearl units.

Most Pilot owners don't respond to my waves and other acknowledgements, so I stopped doing it a while ago.......:(

I should be easy to spot, given my "Limited Edition" color choice!!:D

My org sticker is in the top / center of my back window.
There's quite a few Pilots in my area, too. I've waved, smiled, etc. and no response. Typical for the area, though.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has seen my h-p.org lic. plate frame & checked out the site! :)

kad

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
2GREENCARS said:
Has your Pilot been spotted by another hondapilot.org Piloteer?

Ours was last weekend when a fellow AZ hondapilot.org member spotted our FILTHY green Pilot outside of an office supplies shop (we were inside). They then pm'd us to confirm their spotting - they suspected it was us because of the running boards, etc. Ironically, I carded my first Pilot owner (not just empty Pilot) when we were leaving the office supplies shop and he immediately asked me if our Pilot had a rattle (he had just replaced his driver's side 2nd row door as it has been misaligned - I told him I had heard of that problem on this site, but had not experienced it myself)...It was a bit strange being spotted ::eek: - a tiny bit like stalking - I guess if I'm watching other Pilots - then I should expect that they're watching me, too!

Wow - where did this thread come from?!?!

Yes, I was spotted by TheWorm, as described here on my recent trip to CA.

:)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I was spotted last September, IIRC, by PreludeTundra, who was driving his red Prelude at the time, and honked, waved and yelled at me, asking if I was a member here. :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Re: Has your Pilot been spotted by another Piloteer???

colorider said:
Wow - where did this thread come from?!?!

Yes, I was spotted by TheWorm, as described here on my recent trip to CA.

:)
Yeah, I think that's like the coolest "spotting" story I'll hear in a longtime. I mean, to spot each other in the same city you live in is rare enough, but to be spotted in an entirely different city while you were there to pick your bike up is pretty remarkable.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Yes, last week (or the week before), honda-pilot.org member DanL said he spotted me in the parking lot at work leaving at 2:30pm... :4: :) :17:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts