Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks,

Those who've seen the VIN thread have read that my first Pilot was delivered on 4/24/03 with three dents in the roof. These went unnoticed for three reasons. First, the car had been prepped by another dealer before being "traded" to my dealer. Next, we took delivery after dark. Third, they're on the roof, for Heaven's sake!

When I climbed up on my stepladder in the garage the next day to find the "Learn" button on my garage door opener, I saw the dents. Bummer. Called the dealer, found that it was my salesman's day off. Asked for the GM, got the Sales Manager. He, Tony, suggested I bring it back for a look-see. Which I did.

When Tony saw the dents, he said, "We'll get you another car. It might take a day or two."

So they did, from another nearby dealer. This one is cosmetically perfect. Thanks to the PDI sheet found here at Honda-Pilot.org, I had my own Pre-Delivery checklist. The first car had its chassis plugs installed.

Would you believe that the second Pilot was missing its chassis plugs? Obviously the PDI tech over at the other dealership (not the same "other dealership" as the source of the first car) just checked off the boxes zip-zip-zip. Needless to say, I carefully checked all that I could. You're not going to do the Idle Learn procedure, for example.

Since the chassis plugs in #2 were nowhere to be found, the PDI supervisor popped them out of #1 to put into #2. After tearing up the old paperwork & signing all the new, off I went into the sunset a very happy camper.

Anyone in Summit, Stark, Wayne, Medina or Portage County, Ohio, who doesn't go to Park Honda in Green (just south of Akron) for their Honda is nuts. Up to the point I found the dents i was very satisfied with their professionalism and low-key low-pressure approach.

After finding the dents, their solution to the problem was exactly the right one.

Many thanks to all at Park Honda, especially a management that gives its people the authority to go the extra mile.

Regards,

Walt Kuleck

Attachments

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Good news. Glad to hear you had a quick, satisfying resolution.

The only other two comments I can think of is:

1. There's a dented Pilot floating around in Ohio waiting for someone less observant. :(
2. Did dealer get a look at your avatar photo (and rifle) by any chance? :2:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
tim.s said:
2. Did dealer get a look at your avatar photo (and rifle) by any chance? :2:
Might have been the factor that tipped the deal in ordinary_guy's favor :D

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Most dealers would just have the bodyshop bang them out, or have a paintless dent repair guy give it a shot. Nice that your dealer OFFERED to just get you new wheels.

BTW, those look like pinecone bombs; we had one land on our hood a year+ ago and the dent was almost identical.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:confused: what are chassis plugs?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Park Honda was great! I was already driving a long way to Ohio to get a Pilot, so I knew upfront I would buy from the lowest priced dealer., Another dealer was bit lower, so I didn't end up purchasing from Park. But, I have recommended them to others. Extremely professional, laid back, no pressure. Just a really nice salesman.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
thanks!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
De nada.

It's the little stuff like this, even more than the big stuff. that makes these forums worth the time to read & post.

Very best regards,

Walt

sblvro said:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts