Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking into some lower control arms, C bushings and links for my 2015 pilot and was wondering if anyone had any experience with 1A auto parts.
My pilot is steering to the left when accelerating and I already did an aligment 3 times. Everytime it does the same. Struts are good so the only thing left is C bushing and control arms.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts
No, not yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to if the price is reasonable. My judgment of character-dar tells me they're trustworthy.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I think they have great videos but I don't know how to put faith in a part made by someone else.

Reactions: Franku

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
I wouldn't buy all their parts but some stuff where the quality isn't super important and an OEM replacement would be really expensive I would not hesitate to use their parts.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
331 Posts
I've used their headlights on a number of cars. Had one that the adjusting screw stripped, and they sent another one quickly. I like them.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Does that mean you make your own parts?
Just kidding....
AutoZone has Duralast, Napa brands parts with their name. O'Reilly puts their name on a jug of oil, etc etc. It's a marketing game in which none of these sellers make the product. They do it to increase profits and to promote their name.
I'd prefer to buy parts branded by who made it. Hopefully a good reputation proceeds the purchase. Seems that this is getting more difficult as more companies are sacrificing quality for more profit.

Reactions: Franku and The Todd

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I'm looking into some lower control arms, C bushings and links for my 2015 pilot and was wondering if anyone had any experience with 1A auto parts.
My pilot is steering to the left when accelerating and I already did an aligment 3 times. Everytime it does the same. Struts are good so the only thing left is C bushing and control arms.
My still OEM front ends on my 08 and my 15 aren't having any issue like this - knock on wood.

As I said in your other thread, have you or someone made sure it's not the Subframe mount coming loose?
That WILL cause the problem you're having as well.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Thank you, I will check that. Any idea on how many subframe bolts are there?
They mat be fine, but worth checking. AFAIK, there is 1 large bolt at each attachment.
They could have come loose- no to likely though.
If you're in the rust belt/midwest where they salt alot, it is very likely the chassis corrodes thru at the mount point.
Again- you have to check that- someone probably has if you have had multiple alignments, etc.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts
There is a lot of hate and love out there for them:

"But Detective, they seemed so honest."

Off my list. But thanks nonetheless for the helpful, non-Scotty-yelling videos. It seems honest faced Mike with the comforting voice from five years ago no longer works there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts