Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anyone bought the Honda "Cargo Liner" for 2016+, and what is your opinion of it?

Note: The Honda "Cargo Liner" is the Canvas liner that covers up the floor, the side walls, and up the back of the 2nd row seats (while up or down). Not to be confused with Cargo Trays from Maxliner or Weathertech. The picture above fails to show the side panel covers, but they are shown in the instructions.

It is $175 from Bernardi, and you must drill and install some snaps in the plastic side walls of the cargo area.
Installation instructions: http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2017_Pilot_CargoLiner_AII05113-16.pdf

Much of the time my Pilot has 2nd & 3rd row seats folded down and my Mountain Bike in the back. I currently use a piece of thin carpet to line the floor. If I was going to carry firewood or dirty bags of mulch, I would still want to put down a plastic tarp. I would only consider the Honda "Cargo Liner" if it is a very high quality product.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i dont have that. i just bought a harbor frieght moving blanket for a couple of bucks and have it in the back.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bought some tarp at Wal-Mart for cheap works for me and my heavy duty chores

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if they have actually sold any of these things.

The nice thing is that it covers the sides and armrests in the back with a contoured cover.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased this. I always have the 3rd row folded down and I continually haul a lot of things in the cargo area. I did not want the interior walls to get dinged and scratched up so I decided to get the OEM protector that you are referencing. Installation was easy although I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it took me about 75 minutes. The product is high quality and it looks very nice. I have never taken it out, so I cannot say how difficult it is or is not to remove. I would recommend this to a friend if they wanted to protect the interior of their vehicle while hauling materials. I also carry my mountain bike in the back of my vehicle if the weather is bad. I hope this info helps as you make your decision!

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a cheap $24 rubber trim to fit rubber cargo liner and it works great!!! Covers up to the folded down third row and can easily fold up/roll up when you have the third row seats up. I'd definitely recommend it over the hella expensive weather tech or OEM cargo liner.

Note: I did buy weathertech floor liners
just didn't want to drop another $100+ on a cargo liner.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/FH-Grou..._7iBjEWbpSLlkTK2K927KRFtDh8aWNExoCNy0QAvD_BwE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts