Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has tried to rig the very cheap X10 camera (remember the pop-up ads that would drive you crazy) to the Pilot Nav system.

I have one of these cameras and was wondering if it has been done already. If so, any guidance would help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My understanding is that the Nav unit accepts an RGB input for the camera but the X10, and most CCTV-type cameras, produce composite video output. You will need a device like the NavTV-Tuner from AVElectronic.com in order to convert the composite signal to RGB. I am planning on doing exactly this and already have my unit from AVElectronic; now I'm just waiting for my Pilot to be delivered. In addition to allowing an aftermarket camera to be used with the Nav screen, the NavTV-Tuner also allows local TV and two other sources (DVD, PS2, etc) to be displayed on the factory Nav screen. It includes a button which switches the display between the Nav system video output and the other video sources. It can also automatically display the camera input when the car is put into reverse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts