Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had trouble with the company Warranty Solutions making a claim. I was sold a policy and now
I see reviews that people aren't happy with their service. Thanks for the information you my have.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,328 Posts
If you review this forum, the only warranty worth buying is Hondacare. Anything else is junk.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
I was offered a 3rd party warranty for $4K when we purchased our used 16EXL and declined. I figured that money will buy a lot of parts if need be.
These warranties are money makers for the dealerships and you are better off keeping your cash. The Honda factory warranty is the only one that I would consider also.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,328 Posts

Can sell anywhere except to Florida residents. Blame Florida laws (or dealers pushing for protection)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If you mean to buy extended warranty, just make sure everything is written clearly what is covered, even if it’s a Honda extended warranty. My experience is that the dealer would first charge you a diagnostic fee then check and see if that’s covered or not. If covered then you’re free of charge for the fix, refund the fee, otherwise you will pay the fee and labor, plus parts for the fix. They always declined to tell whether an issue would be covered or not, citing the list is many pages long. Also, they will tell you something may have caused by parts not covered under the warranty, such as battery, then that part would not be covered either. Just be aware.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
If you mean to buy extended warranty, just make sure everything is written clearly what is covered, even if it’s a Honda extended warranty. My experience is that the dealer would first charge you a diagnostic fee then check and see if that’s covered or not. If covered then you’re free of charge for the fix, refund the fee, otherwise you will pay the fee and labor, plus parts for the fix. They always declined to tell whether an issue would be covered or not, citing the list is many pages long. Also, they will tell you something may have caused by parts not covered under the warranty, such as battery, then that part would not be covered either. Just be aware.
Those diagnostic fees add up when they are not covered. Also a lot of extended warranties have deductibles as well so you definitely have to read and understand the fine print. Dealerships really try to pressure you into purchasing these 3rd party plans and don't give you a lot of time to decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts