Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:
I took my beloved evergreen pearl pilot back to the dealer (the 3rd? 4th? visit since we brought her home on 3/3 (sounds like we're talking about a baby, no?)) to have the back bumper paint job touched up (it was damaged when we bought her) and while it was in several the Honda body shop people seem to have been a tad careless and dented the front above the wheel and and scraped and dented 2 of the doors (by opening doors into it?). I wouldn't have minded except SHE WAS NEW AND PRISTINE!!!!!!!! And I didn't do it! And all they were supposed to do was a tiny touchup, not bang her around! They were nice and said they'd fix it and gave me another loaner (this time a Toyota RAV - I hated the Jeep Cherokee from yesterday). I did ask them to walk around her and check for scrapes and dents BEFORE they called me to come get her (and to park her far from everyone else - we all agree she is a MAGNET for dents/scrapes). God knows what I will find when she's "ready" on Thursday.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Do tell your experiences!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
409 Posts
UUUUGGGG!

I would be so mad if that was my Pilot. Have you kept your cool or did you blow up at them?

Don

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was calm but friendly and FIRM

We actually brought her home on 4/3/03 - 2 1/2 weeks ago!! She went in to be simonized and they said they couldn't until they had fixed her door ding and bumper scrape she had come with. They did the door (great job) and touched up the bumper. We then had to bring it in a week later for 2 days for it to be simonized. When I brought it in to be simonized they told me that the salesperson who had made the appointment hadn't told the simonizer and they couldn't do her that night. AAAAAAAAAAARGH. They finally agreed to squeeze it in much later that night. When they simonized it, they botched up the touched up bumper (which apparently had been sloppily done). We then had to wait to get the bumper redone and this was completed today. ARGGGGGGGGGGGH. She has spent more time at Honda than with us!!! She also came without one of her rear seatbelt clips so they have been ordering this and re-ordering this (when the wrong one/color has been sent) at the same time.

I kinda feel like I need more than just sorry and here's a loaner to restore my faith in this dealer. What do you think? Is this typical? What should I say to them?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation carolinepb. Which dealer is it and where? Maybe some of your fellow Arizonans have had the same experience with the dealer and advice you to bail out while you can.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dealer

Beaudry Honda in Tucson. Do you know it? Anyone have any experience there? I find them friendly and helpful. I think...but...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: dealer

carolinepb said:
Beaudry Honda in Tucson. Do you know it? Anyone have any experience there? I find them friendly and helpful. I think...but...
I went there to get a 90K service quote, they didn't seem too enthusiastic about servicing my '95 Civic but was very enthusiastic about explaining what they wanted to charge me for the service.:mad:

Long story short, I went with a local dealer in Sierra Vista.

Bail out?...if its not too late you could always go to the other Honda dealer in Tucson for service. I'm sure as soon as you tell them about your bad experience with the other dealer's service dep't., they would be more than willing to please you in order to get your business for future services.:2:

·
Registered
186 Posts
carolinepb said:
:eek:
I took my beloved evergreen pearl pilot back to the dealer (the 3rd? 4th? visit since we brought her home on 3/3 (sounds like we're talking about a baby, no?)) to have the back bumper paint job touched up (it was damaged when we bought her) and while it was in several the Honda body shop people seem to have been a tad careless and dented the front above the wheel and and scraped and dented 2 of the doors (by opening doors into it?). I wouldn't have minded except SHE WAS NEW AND PRISTINE!!!!!!!! ). God knows what I will find when she's "ready" on Thursday.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Do tell your experiences!:eek: :eek:
That would be my first and last trip to that dealer....after I told them what I thought of them....your Pilot isn't a magnet - the service folks are idiots!

bakerlar

bakerlar:mad:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update - advice, please

:3: :3:
I received a call from the service guy telling me to pick up my Pilot. When I got there, he and the manager were out. I said to the only guy there that I wanted my Pilot back. He said oh, it must be the light blue one. I said I didn't think they made light blue ones and no, mine was green. He said oh, the light green one. I said no it's dark green and I want it. He looked out the window and said oh, is that it? Here it comes. As we watched it sped out of the dealers and down the street. It turns out they looked at it after they called me and the color was spotty and it needed fixing. They were going to call me and tell me not to come, but clearly did not. I asked the service guy to call the manager (who sped away at at least 40-50mph) in my pilot (grrrrrrrrrrrr...) and ask him to come back (he was several miles away at this point - en route to the body shop - he must have been going really fast) so I could see MY Pilot. The manager brought it back and the previous dents/scrapes were fixed but there were TWO new ones and the blotchiness. I told the manager that I had had a call re: service today and I was going to call them back and I didn't feel I could say the service was excellent. He said he understood, but was trying his best. Now it will be ready tomorrow. We've had it THREE weeks and it's spent most of that time in the SHOP!!!!

What should I do???????????????? This is getting ridiculous!!!!! :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Well, after you finally get your car back, find a new dealer to service it.

I think you'll have difficulty finding another dealer to fix this one's damage @ this point, at least without intervention from Honda -- since the paint issues aren't really warranty items, but idiocy ones.

Of course, you could ask to speak with a district/regional rep, explain that this dealer has had ample opportunity to fix it properly, and ask (firmly) that they allow YOU to select a quality bodyshop or authorize another area dealer to handle it.

Either that, or have them sign an indemnification and promise not to press charges when you pound someone into the ground.

Oh, and at the very least you should be asking for some free accessories. After the first go-round I'd have asked for free service...but you DON'T want to be going back there.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like what?

What kind of accessories can I ask for? Can service just give them to me although sales sells them? Please let me know asap as I'm going in there this afternoon (Friday).

I also thought I might at the very least ask them for a full tank of gas as they've probably put over 100 miles on my Pilot driving to and from the body shop.

Re: moving to another shop - while that might be the ideal...Unfortunately this dealer is REALLY close (less than a mile) from my house and the other dealer (mixed reviews) is at least 10-15 miles away.

Anything else I can say to them? When you say free service - what do you mean? For the next service, say? (BTW - when IS the 1st service? 8K?)

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
By free service I mean a 7500/15000/30000 deal. Worth something at least. No a basic $25 oil change. Something that'd otherwise cost you $100++. That alternative ties you to them, though.

Accessories? Pick one or more that you want/need. I'd be asking for something worth @ least a couple hundred bucks for my trouble.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Better Business Bureau

Jiaronnis - Do you mean talk to the BBB about them? Do you have any experience w/ the BBB? It was my impression that would have no effect...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Better Business Bureau

carolinepb said:
Jiaronnis - Do you mean talk to the BBB about them? Do you have any experience w/ the BBB? It was my impression that would have no effect...
The BBB will, after you file a complaint, contact the business and try to resolve the issue. The businesses usually do not reply to the BBB but, at least, it leaves a bad record with BBB for future customers to see.

When the business does reply, it usually means they have tried to resolve the issue with the customer - meaning the free stuff the Worm was talking about.

You could try to drop hints with the manager that you're thinking about the BBB and maybe, just maybe, they'll OFFER you something to keep you from filing a complaint.

·
Registered
483 Posts
terrible service

Carolinepb, what a nice person you are, if that was my car I would have freaked, serious. The problem with the bumper being painted is if they have a mobile guy doing a blend on it, the paint will not hold up that long, meaning the repaired area will show in less than a year. Keep all of your records to prove what work they have done so you can get this taking care of in the future. Do yourself a huge favor, find yourself another dealership, this one is a bad joke!!! Complain to the service manager as well as he might not be aware of what kind of operation the body shop is, the service manager is usally the body shop managers boss. Be firm. dont just complain and walk away, demand some sort of compensation like stated by TheWorm, they most likely will try and please you, I hope. Again , once you get your car back, find another dealership, best of luck!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
carolinepb said:
We actually brought her home on 4/3/03 - 2 1/2 weeks ago!! ...When they simonized it, they botched up the touched up bumper (which apparently had been sloppily done)...She has spent more time at Honda than with us!!!
Is there any chance carolinepb could just return this Pilot and exchange it for a new one at the Dealers expense (since they dorked it all up and seem to have had it in their possession longer than carolinepb)?

I've always been leary of the "Dealer touch ups" which seem to be more like "cover ups". I'd be worried about the fixed areas going bad it a couple years. The Dealer should at least warranty these repairs through the 3yr/36k period.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think I would at least talk to a lawyer.

No one should have to put up with all that on a 2 1/2 week old car.

Let the dealer re-sell it as a demo and they can give you a new one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts