Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford's Expedition? I know the expedition maybe in a different class of suv's but I sat in my sister’s expedition and sat in a Pilot at the showroom. They seem very close in roominess where the Expedition is tad bit larger. Also, I am seeing local ads from Ford dealerships for 2003 Expedition XLTs loaded (no leather) for $22,995.00. This includes dealer sale and Ford rebates. Much cheaper than EX Pilots.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I Owned an Expedition....

and I couldn't be happier about now owning a PILOT.

see other threads about my rants over my P.O.S. Ford Expedition and their overwhelmingly crappy customer service.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I sat in a Navigator at the Washington Auto Show back at Christmas time, and felt like the Pilot was a smidge roomier.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) the expedition is a boat, everything is bigger size it. gas mileage is obscene though, it is like driving two cars for one. I like it except for the gas mileage and unknown reliability which can be factual or imagined. The pilot is midsize and I like it for what it is and not for what it is not.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The width (77 inches) and the headroom make the Pilot feel huge inside.
I loved it as soon as I peeked in. Then I drove it, and KNEW I had to own it.

Don't forget how much $ you lose on a Ford's depreciation, it won't save you any money at all in the long run. Also, the Expedition's gas mileage is 12mpg. Yikes. Oh yeah, and there's the hideous electrical and power equipment problems that plague the Expedition.
I wouldn't go there.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
InfoTech said:
Also, I am seeing local ads from Ford dealerships for 2003 Expedition XLTs loaded (no leather) for $22,995.00. This includes dealer sale and Ford rebates. Much cheaper than EX Pilots.
that probably the 2 wheel drive...

My sister just bought the expediton. She had the Discovery but that was totalled in a accident couple months back. She got the fully loaded Eddie Bauer (will all options) at $39K.

It seems to have more room in the third row and more room behind the third row. Has some nice features (heated seats available in the US, memory seats, adaptive rear view mirrirs, DVD and Navi!! ) but is truck based and so drives like a truck.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: Re: Has anyone compared the Pilot with...

ramirami said:

It seems to have more room in the third row and more room behind the third row. Has some nice features (heated seats available in the US, memory seats, adaptive rear view mirrirs, DVD and Navi!! ) but is truck based and so drives like a truck.
The Pilot is 2 inches shorter than a new Accord- this may have something to do with the 3rd row space :D It sure works well for me and my 3 kids, and many trips to Costco. All kinds of seating configurations accomodate large cargo. (ie..front loading washer... dryer...small motorcycle...me+9 teenagers (and all their skateboards)...) My biggest hauling needs. I don't need anymore space.

So if this lifestyle sounds familiar, the massive land yachts aren't necessary.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Has anyone compared the Pilot with...

74PILOTMOM said:

So if this lifestyle sounds familiar, the massive land yachts aren't necessary.
I agree...but atleast they think offer heated seats to us Americans ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
[QUOTE}Also, I am seeing local ads from Ford dealerships for 2003 Expedition XLTs loaded (no leather) for $22,995.00. This includes dealer sale and Ford rebates. Much cheaper than EX Pilots. [/B][/QUOTE]

[$22,995.00 :confused: ,Never mind Leather- you sure it comes with ANY SEATS, when i was shopping I looked into The Explorer a little and by the time you put all the Stuff I got in the Pilot it cost way more and at that time Expeditions were even Higher yet- alot higher!
WATCH OUT FOR BS ADS WITH SMALL PRINT THAT SAYS YOU HAVE TO BE A PRIOR FORD CUSTOMER & /OR A DEALER CUST , i'VE SEEN ADS GOOD ONLY FOR 24 - 48 HRS THAT GIVE $10 - 15 k IN DISCOUNTS THAT ARE ONLY GOOD ON THAT CAR,WHICH IS SOLD WHEN YOU GET THERE!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for replying folks. I'm not sold on an Expedition... I have just recently starting seeing ads and thought we go look at it for sakes. We are still partial to getting the '04 Pilot but just wondered about any comparisons to the Expedition. I also called the dealer advertising it and they said it is an XLT with no running boards, cheaper wheels, no AC in the third row. So it looks like a base model XLT. Anyhow, we still like the Pilot. I’m personally looking to get something that will tow a nice size travel trailer. I don’t think the pilot can tow anything more than 3500lbs. 4500 max tow loaded. Anyhow, thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ahh, yes. That prerequisite makes Pilot a big loser. Fine for little trailers and boats, but not a serious hauler for sure.

How about an '04 double cab V8 Tundra?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
InfoTech said:
Much cheaper than EX Pilots.
Sometimes you get what you pay for. :4:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts