Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Vizualogic or Best Buys Epik replacement headrests with the built in LCD monitors (http://www.vizualogic.com) in their Pilot ? I'm shopping for a Pilot and I'm considering this system as an alternative to the RES. I'd like to know if the Vizualogic system was easy to install or should the installation be left to professionals. Also, how does the picture quality of the headrest LCD monitor compare to the picture quality of the OEM RES monitor?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't know about Vizualogic. But I consider LCD panel install pretty easy. The only problem is that you can't take just the headrest to your bench and work on it. The other thing you may want to think about is: how does a pessanger in 3rd row going to use the system. I suggest you go with roof flip down system. That way you can buy a bigger screen instead of two small ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, timchen. If I buy the system, I would buy it from Best Buy and purchase the extended warranty thereby eliminating the need to work on it, hopefully. I only have two children but I may elect to buy additional headrest monitors and install them in the 2nd row headrests for the 3rd row passengers. Also, I would buy the 7 inch headrest monitors which I believe are the same size as the flip down RES monitor. Additionally, I'm concerned about my children's neck fatigue with the roof mounted RES flip down screen. I'm not a doctor, but ergonomically, it appears to me that the viewing angle for the flip down screen may provide neck strain over the duration of a 2 hour movie whereas the headrest monitor allows for a more natural, eyes straight ahead viewing angle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I haven't bought headrest monitors for the pilot yet, but it's in the future plans. I bought some for my wife's suv and my daughter loves them. I decided to get the headrest monitors because a friend of mine has a flip-down screen and has two kids. He told me no matter what angle the screen is at, there is glare for 1 or the other child. You can see it too if you sit on either side of the seats. The kids are always fighting over who get the better view of the screen. I'd rather avoid that headache altogether and spring for 2 screens in the headrests.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have also been thinking about adding a system but am not sure yet if I am going with the flip down or head rest ones. If someone knows how to do the install themselves then I think I found a good site with decent prices.

www.autotoys.com

The direct link to the video stuff is here: LINKED

Not sure how to install the headrest ones myself with the hole that is already there. I assume that you wouldn't want to do that because then you would see the backside of the LCD. Of course if you had it professionally installed they would take care of that. So many options and not enough money to do them....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Actually, the company you buy them from usually just requires that you tell them the exact name of the color of the interior of your car and then they send you (or the stereo installer) 2 headrests that match your interior perfectly with the monitors already installed.

For the do it yourselfers: I had a subscription to Auto Sound & Security and in one of the issues they went into great detail about how to do monitors in the headrests yourself.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I like about the Vizualogic Headrest Monitors. You can special order them through Best Buy and Vizualogic will custom make your headrest monitors to match the configuration and color of your OEM headrest. All you have to do is slide the OEM headrest out and replace it with the Vizualogic headrest. Then it's a question of running the monitor wire to your DVD player. Vizualogic doesn't make these headrests for every vehicle but fortunately they do make them for the 2003 Honda Pilot and hopefully for the 2004.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts