Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get it for the pilot , But this may be one of those russian only parts ?

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is a piece of trim that is installed overtop of the bumper for the 2009-2011 model year (all black). You should be able to buy one at your honda dealer or see if one is for sale on Amazon as it was available here in the states. They came all black as your picture above with an optional, sold-separately plastic skid plate. I have the one for the 2012-2015 model year that wasn't made available here in the states which is all one piece.

In fact, I found a few sites for you to check it out:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That is a piece of trim that is installed overtop of the bumper for the 2009-2011 model year (all black). You should be able to buy one at your honda dealer or see if one is for sale on Amazon as it was available here in the states. They came all black as your picture above with an optional, sold-separately plastic skid plate. I have the one for the 2012-2015 model year that wasn't made available here in the states which is all one piece.

In fact, I found a few sites for you to check it out:

View attachment 137551
I'm still waiting for my invitation for pick up the bull bar and the tail lights from you... this was our deal!

Heck, I like the wheels too!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You didn't get it? I would have thought you would have gotten it by now. Perhaps it got lost in the mail.
Well before you sell your Pilot you are obligated to have a discussion with me about all of the cool RDM parts.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Would it make much of a difference putting on the 09 version ?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Would it make much of a difference putting on the 09 version ?
What do you mean exactly? The bumpers have a slightly different shape so the parts are totally different, so the parts that you can actually buy those of us with the superior gen 2.5 cannot.

If I were you I'd get it! But knowing you park in NYC a lot you might be better suited with a police duty push bar, the decorative plastic bull bar won't look good after a couple months of NYC drivers executing the "bump-park" method.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't find it now but I have seen a Russian Gen 2Mk1 with my front bumper trim on it. Also, the hardware is all in the same place. The cover itself has a different design where the Mk1 is more angular and the Mk2 is more curvy. The metal bumper traverses the big opening of the lower grill across the bottom in the same spot and the driving lights are in the exact same spot too. Some of those sites I sent earlier included the install instructions. Review the install instructions carefully. Google search a replacement front bumper cover for your year and examine the inside where the holes would need to be drilled. You might be able to make out the score marks printed on the back of the bumper cover where the technician would drill the holes to install the bumper trim. Yes, Honda planned ahead. I am almost certain it would fit. If it didn't, it would need some minor modification.

Actually, I found a picture for you. Right between the driving light socket and the opening for the lower grill, you will see a faint mark in the bumper. Looks like a circle with crosshairs or a plus sign in the middle of it. That is one of the spots a hole is to be drilled to install the front trim. You should be able to determine whether or not it will fit based on the information I have given you. Do your research, compare both bumper covers and the install instructions. Its how I did my research on the Russian parts I ordered as once I ordered them, there was no way to return them.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What do you mean exactly? The bumpers have a slightly different shape so the parts are totally different, so the parts that you can actually buy those of us with the superior gen 2.5 cannot.

If I were you I'd get it! But knowing you park in NYC a lot you might be better suited with a police duty push bar, the decorative plastic bull bar won't look good after a couple months of NYC drivers executing the "bump-park" method.
I actually have the Police Rino push bars in stock ... lol ... Wonder what it would look like on my 2015 ..along with the 3d printed Gatling guns

Reactions: cintocrunch
1 - 9 of 9 Posts