Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out the Highland Group Industries website and found a cargo tray for the Pilot. They call it a Cargo Liner, but it's what Honda calls a Cargo Tray. It comes in 3 colors, tan, gray, or black. I wrote down the product number for the Tan Cargo Liner (Tray) and went to our local Autozone on Sunday . They said if I placed the order it would be in on tuesday. I thought a two day wait was pretty quick. The sales clerk helping me informed me that it was a special order and if I needed to return it there would be a 10% restocking fee. I took the risk and order it.

I picked it up today. The first thing I noticed was it said "Acura MDX" on the box, so I wasn't sure if it would fit. So out to the parking lot for a trial fit.

I was surprised that it fit. You have to understand since I didn't have a genuine HONDA cargo tray, I have nothing to compare it to. I found there are some gaps at the edges, but these seem to be near the chrome loops so I think it was designed that way.

I'll post some pictures.

Here's their website

Highland Group Industries

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see how it fits near the Chrome loops and at the edges.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's how it looks without the box. I thought the color was a pretty good match. Not exact but close enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Looks good enough to me Tony ...

The actual PILOT one is molded to fit exactly around those edges ...

PrG

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nice looking tray, Tony! I do think that the color matched tray looks better than the Honda black one, but I'm guessing it would show dirt and scuffs more. I guess it's 6 in one, half dozen in the other. Definitely more pleasing to the eye. It looks like those hooks are still usable. Were there any hooks that it totally covered?

Chris

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It cost $51.99 not including the tax.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check if any of the hooks are covered, xyzzy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It covers the two on the floor, the one by the speaker grill and the one on the opposite side.

By the way, the tray had time to settle down. now the fit is better.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Thanks for the followup info. I really do like the color and will have to decide if I like it more than my current OEM enough to buy another. I would imagine that a few hot days would get the thing to really flatten out.

Chris

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you want my opinion, which you probably don't, I would say that this Cargo Tray is a great deal. $52 is cheap and it isn't that much different from the Honda tray. There are a few differences, but they are minor. For instance, the Honda tray does fit a little better on the Left side, but not much, and it leaves the tie downs easily accessible and even had some notches in the lip to expose the ones on the sides better. But I would definitely have been happy with this one. I just wish I had waited. :( Oh Well. It isn't like I paid $160 for Wheel Gaurds.... oh yeah, that's right...I did. :3:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I am very happy with the tray. We will also be getting a real Liner, more likely Honda's, because we need as much protection in the cargo area as possible. Our 80 lb dog gets car sick very easily and we need to cover as much as we can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts