Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Honda Pilot LX and have driven about 500 miles so far. I live in New York city and as a consequence have to drive a lot on pot-holed roads, both big and small, on both highways and local roads.

The Pilot suspension seems a bit harsh even if driven on small bumps or holes. On some larger bumps there is even a slight tendency to bounce. The Pilot IS VERY smooth on good roads.

Would like to know if anyone else can comment after driving on similar roads. Has anyone had a problem with the suspension so far?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My first suggestion is to check the tire pressure. When these vehicles are shipped to the dealer, the tire pressure is raised for transport.

-Newt:2:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What were you driving?

First check the tire pressure, then check your expectations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I experience the same problem and I also drive in NYC. My tire pressure is 35. Should I lower it to 32? That’s how it came from the dealer. I think that when it’s cold out, having tire pressure a bit higher might not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will check the tire pressure. I was driving a 1987 camry sedan, so it should not be too much to ask that the Pilot suspension be better than my old car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts