Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone gave me a dash cam for my birthday but I don't want clutter the dash or console with the power cord. I saw Fuse Box "A" & "B" under the drivers side of the dash, is there an easy way to connect Power & Ground to either one of those ?

Guess I should also ask, is there anyway I can connect Power & Ground under the dash ?

Thanks in advance !
Rick

Registered
Some people route the wire at the very top of the windshield and they put the wire through the pillar.

Happy birthday BTW!馃帀

Registered
What brand do you have?

If you have a BlackVue and aren't wiring up any sort of retained power source for recording once the engine/ retained accessory power is off, you could try utilizing this, presuming you have the dimming mirror with Homelink.

Registered
I hardwired my Blackvue 2 Channel into the driver side fusebox. One switched and one constant. I loosened up a bolt directly underneath the steering wheel and used that as the ground.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys - It's an Apeman C450. It comes with a cigarette lighter plug for power, which I was just going to cut off and splice the wires into wherever I could get power underneath.

Smirkyjon, I think I saw that bolt that you used for ground next to Fusebox B. Do you remember where you got the positive end of power ? Maybe what I'm asking here is how do you tap into power in these fuse boxes ? Can you buy a fuse that accepts a wire connected to it ?

Registered
Thanks guys - It's an Apeman C450. It comes with a cigarette lighter plug for power, which I was just going to cut off and splice the wires into wherever I could get power underneath.

Smirkyjon, I think I saw that bolt that you used for ground next to Fusebox B. Do you remember where you got the positive end of power ? Maybe what I'm asking here is how do you tap into power in these fuse boxes ? Can you buy a fuse that accepts a wire connected to it ?
I got the Power Magic Pro hardwire box which prevents the camera from completely draining the battery. The box is fuse tapped into existing fuse box. One wire to constant power fuse and one wire to switched power fuse.

Registered
All kinds of suggestion on the 9 pages linked below, some with pictures. I used fuse location #28 by the driver's left foot fusebox.

Hardwire Dash Cam

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huge help guys ! Thank you very much ! I haven't hard wired anything into a car for a long time so I appreciate you getting me back up to speed. A wiring I will go !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts