Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Has anyone hard wired a visor mounted radar detector into the Pilot's cabin light assembly near the rear view mirror?

Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I have not tried this but a simple volt meter should be all you need to find the power wire. Make sure you test it with the doors shut and the overhead lights turned off or the radar will shut off when you shut the doors.

I plan on replacing my speakers in a few weeks, i will pop the light out then and test if i remember. I will then add what i find if you have not already done this.

Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
LChisum said:
Just curious. Has anyone hard wired a visor mounted radar detector into the Pilot's cabin light assembly near the rear view mirror?

Larry
Yeah! I hardwired my Passport 8500 to my Pilot. Sorry, I can't remember which wire I used to power it. Word of caution, don't be a dimwit like me and drill a hole into the roof.:mad: Fortunately, I had it patched up pretty well. I'll probably have it fully repaired when I have the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Radar Detector

I hardwired mine into the fuse box; it's a very simple matter to run a wire up inside the driver's door moulding and then jump to the trim next to the windshield. The power wire is completely hidden except for a very short piece where it comes out of the door moulding and again where it runs down the mirror post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Radar Detector

fdxav8r said:
I hardwired mine into the fuse box; it's a very simple matter to run a wire up inside the driver's door moulding and then jump to the trim next to the windshield. The power wire is completely hidden except for a very short piece where it comes out of the door moulding and again where it runs down the mirror post.
Thanks for the info. I gather you ended up with a top center suction-cup windshield mount (wire down the mirror post). I'll stop at the driver's visor. Any tips about how to approach the fuse box wiring?

Thanks,

Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Re: Re: Radar Detector

LChisum said:
Thanks for the info. I gather you ended up with a top center suction-cup windshield mount (wire down the mirror post). I'll stop at the driver's visor. Any tips about how to approach the fuse box wiring?

Thanks,

Larry
I did a rather simple thing at the fuse box. I tested which was the 'hot' side of the fuse, and ran the power wire to the other side. I simply pulled the fuse, bent the wire around the end of the fuse post, and stuck it back in. (I have an in-line fuse for the detector).

Quick and easy, easily undone.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top