Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people here are in the high mode to attend the second luncheon. I really don't want to disturb everybody but, as the first luncheon attender, I would rather post here instead on the main board.

After 1 year and 50 days, 23,000 something happy piloting miles, I may have to say goodbye to my be loved white pilot.

As some of you may know, I was working oversea for the past two months to help company to win a major contract. Even though the situation over there is quite promising, because my company lost its major contract from the government, the management team decided to pull the plug for any activity overseas. So, the first thing I heard back from the trip is that I am let-go. So, not matter how much I love my pilot, I have to let her go too, along with my house also.

I am thinking to sell my house by myself. Anybody know someone who is interested in finding a house in Owings Mills new town, please let me know. It is a 2 story front, walkout basement, finished lower level, garaged townhouse, with 2 full bath and 2 half bath. I am working on a website to show my house.

Sorry Kemosabe, life changes too fast. I hope you guys have a wonderful time. This board just like a home to me and to my pilot. I learned a lot and I contribute as much as I can. Hopefully I can come back to be a piloter again, soon.

Reactions: EmmaScoth555

· Registered
723 Posts
Nothing But The Best.....

Aerostar,

Best of luck to you, keep a stiff-upper-lip because things will work out for you.

I know things may be tough right now and you may be moving, but I think it's safe to say you'll always have a home here!!!!

Good Luck!

· Registered
805 Posts
Oh man. So sorry to hear. I hope you get back on your feet soon.
What is it exactly that you do? If you're willing to relocate, maybe someone here will know of any opportunity somewhere. Just a thought.

· Registered
991 Posts
Damn, life does change fast. Sorry for your misfortunes. It WILL change again this time for the better..

take care

rob

· Registered
9,081 Posts
aerostar45: I'm really sorry to hear about your sudden misfortune... :( I've had the great privilege of meeting you and your wonderful wife at the first luncheon and you guys are wonderful people -- I truly hope everything works out for you and that "good luck" comes your way VERY SOON!!!!!!

Best wishes to you, my friend...!!! :)

· Registered
15,161 Posts
I don't know what line of work you are in but don't make too many life altering decisions too fast. The market realy does seem to be picking up.
I have been looking since June and have three and 1/2 (a contract job) good opportunities all come together in the last 2 weeks.

· Premium Member
6,635 Posts
All the best!

aerostar45:

All the best - and just keep in mind that "bad things happen for good reasons". I've been in a similar situation - 27 years with the same company and even when I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, it was a lot to handle when I was "RIF'd".

But now almost 10 years later, I know for sure that there IS life after!!!

Good luck!!

:)

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your support

My company is doing fiber optics business and I am a senior network engineer. Honestly, I think this business is doomed because the current technology is way over customer's demand for at least two to three years. Fiber optics is a direct product of the high tech bubble. It will never regain its glories in the late 90's.

I was thinking to find other opportunities around, and I bet there are some there. However, it is the lack of future, not just the car and house debt, made me decide to go back to school again. My wife and I are all young and we have no kids. I guess we can afford to change our career when we still can. Besides, there is not many opportunities for fiber optics either. Wireless has a better shape. However, even these two are all considered telecommunication, they have very little similarities. N_jay, you were in wireless business before, right? It sounds to me that you lost your job in the past two months too. I hope things work out for you. Good luck!

keep a stiff-upper-lip because things will work out for you.
PILOTinginCO,

You are right. I was sad by the time I knew it. Now, I am happy cause I was thinking to change my career, and now it is time. I consider this as a call from the God. Amen!

· Registered
15,161 Posts
Yes the Optical market is going to be a hard place for a while.
I have a friend who was with Agilent in optical test equipment who was let go in June.
He found a job with another company in wireless test equipment in two months almost without trying.
His plan was to take the rest of the year off but his wife bugged him into sending out a few resumes. (The best laid plans of mice and men!)

The wireless market has also been hit hard, but is so much more diverse than optical that you can still find growing segments.

· Registered
15,161 Posts
kemosabe said:
airTran Airways (NYSE: AAI)... :D
\
Didn't AirTran come out of the wreckage (pun intended) of ValueJet?
And didn't ValueJet's fleet come from Air Florida?

Well I guess I was mostly speaking of the tech world.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kemosabe said:
aerostar45: Have you tried Ciena Corporation in Linthicum (kind of down the road from Owings Mills)? They're into fiber optics and seem to be doing fairly well (although their stock has gone really high and then really low over the past several years)!!
I can't because of IP issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.