Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to wish all the dads out there a Happy Father's Day! And hey, here's a little tribute for those great dads (click below)

Happy Father's Day

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Thanks FLPilot,

One of my boys let slip that they ( and their Mom ) were taking me to an airshow and a movie tomorrow. It should be a fun day, maybe I can add more photos to the Fighter Pilot thread....and the link you attached just confirms that I'm doing agreat job raising my boys, although they prefer Sleeman's over Heinekens.;)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
FLPilot said:
Just wanted to wish all the dads out there a Happy Father's Day! And hey, here's a little tribute for those great dads (click below)
Thanks!!! It will be quiet at my house as Mrs. Colorider will be away part of the day attending a wedding. Perhaps we will go for a motorcycle ride later in the day!!

:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
FLPilot said:

Happy Father's Day
A big thank you, I think as a Fathers Day present I will have to buy myself a new accessory. :)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Well, my son should be giving me my 2003 Honda Pilot Service Manual (that I paid $70 for from Helm, Inc. a few weeks ago) :D tomorrow, and my wife should be giving me another tie... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Happy Father's Day

Glad to hear you all have a great day planned! I will be working 18 hours tomorrow, so I will not see my father. I did spend a lot of time with him (Saturday night) as we were at a birthday party.

tonyrwc said:
A big thank you, I think as a Fathers Day present I will have to buy myself a new accessory. :)
So maybe another StreetPilot III purchase in the works?

KEMO: Glad to hear you are getting a nice gift from your son *Wink Wink*

Thanks RipRock! I just hope that I can be half as good as my father raised me. I see so much bad stuff on the streets on a daily basis that really makes me wonder if I want kids.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
GOOD MORNING DADDIES!!!

Happy Father's Day to all of you!

73PILOTDAD is working O.T. (Federal Job) :( So I'll send my wishes on to you guys, instead of making a giant breakfast).

***Especially the brand new Daddies***

Admin just had a boy!
Ramirami is expecting a boy in a month
rtresco is expecting a girl TOMORROW!
and Kemo has a (1 month?) old boy + 1 boy
73pilotdad has a 3m.o. girl + 2 boys

Congratulations & HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Happy Father's Day

FLPilot said:
I just hope that I can be half as good as my father raised me. I see so much bad stuff on the streets on a daily basis that really makes me wonder if I want kids.
That REALLY sums it up well FLPilot! I'm on my "second time around" and as such raising another child. He is a GREAT kid and I'm so thankful that our family has not been through what many have. It all starts at home (IMHO).

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: GOOD MORNING DADDIES!!!

74PILOTMOM said:
Happy Father's Day to all of you!

73PILOTDAD is working O.T. (Federal Job) :( So I'll send my wishes on to you guys, instead of making a giant breakfast).

***Especially the brand new Daddies***

Admin just had a boy!
Ramirami is expecting a boy in a month
rtresco is expecting a girl TOMORROW!
and Kemo has a (1 month?) old boy + 1 boy
73pilotdad has a 3m.o. girl + 2 boys

Congratulations & HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
Thanks!!! Even though I'm not one of those "new daddies"!! I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee and a bagel. No giant breakfast for me (course I'm batching it this morning too). Mrs. Colorider went to a wedding over in Sidney NE last night and won't be home till later this morning. Might be a good time for me to go visit Home Depot!!!!! :2: :2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I could get used to it.....babys not here yet but I get a big fat breakfast...:2: :2:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Right guys?...

Breakfast is good, but just wait 'til you get your first homemade gift- It'll melt your heart :)
Even the little baby scribbles in your fathers day cards will do it for ya.
You're all in for some wonderful times, I promise.

Yay! Overtime has been cut short, and 73pilotdad is coming home early...better get this house cleaned up.
3 kids = perpetual disaster area.

colorider-do you still plan to get your son the new Honda crf125? It'll probably fit in the back of his truck ;)
Dad's are the greatest.

Here's a great "giving" memory of my father:
On one of our many summer camping trips with my Dad (then single, it was just daddy and his girls) we pitch a tent down on the Kalama river bank near Oregon. Everything was set up, marshmallow roasting sticks were found, Fishing gear was ready to go catch dinner, sleeping bags where rolled out. And BAM! Aimee has to go potty. Well, being a man, Dad forgets TP. LOL, I know he wanted boys, but I didn't come with that equipment. So what does my Daddy do? He takes his knife out and cuts the flannel pocket off of his favorite shirt for me to "use". What a dad.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dad's Poem to his Daughter

I be lil older than most of you kids on this site..lol..But I thought those of you that have daughters might llike this. Happy Father's day!

For My Beautiful Daughters ...

"To A Sleeping Beauty"
Dear Daughter,

I tiptoed into your room tonight and I looked down at you smilin' in your sleep. You were so lovely my heart nearly broke; and I thought about how very much like Sleeping Beauty a little girl is. When I tuck you in at night I never know how old you'll be when you wake. One evening you crawl on your daddy's lap and throw your arms around his neck, and the next morning you might be much too grown up for that sort of thing.

You're so quickly approaching the awkward age, too young to drive the car and yet too old to be carried into the house half asleep on Daddy's shoulder. I have a secret that I've never told you, Sleeping Beauty; you're going on a very exciting trip. You'll travel from yesterday all the way to tomorrow. It's a rapid journey and you'll travel light, leaving behind you - measles, mumps, freckles, bumps, bubble gum, and me.

I promise not to feel too hurt when you discover that the world is more important than your daddy's lap. Yesterday, you were blue jeans and pigtails, the neighborhood's best tree-climber. Tomorrow, you'll be blue organdy and pony-tailed and you'll view the world from a much loftier perch - a pair of high heel shoes.

Yesterday, you could mend a doll's broken leg with a hug; tomorrow you'll be able to break a young man's heart with a kiss. Yesterday, you could get lost one aisle over from me in a supermarket - now, I have to worry about losing you down another aisle to some strange young man. You see, just at the point that your growing pains stop, mine begin. Yesterday, you were kind of a pain in the neck when you were around, tomorrow you'll be an ache in my heart when you're not.

Tomorrow, you'll lay aside your jump rope and tie up the telephone lines, and that little boy that used to push you in the mud; well, he'll fight to get a dance with you. The clock is countin' the minutes for you, the sky upstairs is saving its brightest stars, and the sun is waitin' with its shiniest days.

Oh, I can't expect you to live in a dollhouse forever. Sooner or later, the butterfly sheds it's cocoon and the smallest bird must try its wings. But when you grow up and out of my arms, when you finally get too big for my shirts; I'll still recall how you used to scatter dust and dolls, impartially, through every room in the house -- but you spread sunshine too. The dust is settled, your mom picked up the dolls; but the sunshine will always fill the corners of our hearts.

So here I am, talking to you in your sleep, because... Well, if you saw this look on my face, you'd laugh; and if I spoke with this lump in my throat, I'd cry. Yes, Honey, when I looked at you tonight, you were a Sleeping Beauty. So I tiptoed over and I kissed ya. You didn't wake up -- I knew you wouldn't. According to the legend, only the handsome young prince can open your eyes; and I'm just the father of the future bride.

So sleep on, Pretty Thing. Tomorrow you'll wake, and you'll be a young lady; and you won't even realize that you've changed courses in the middle of a dream. But you might notice a little change in me. I'll look a little different somehow -- a little sadder, a little wiser; but a whole lot richer. Tonight I kissed a princess, and I feel like a king!

:10:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Right guys?...

74PILOTMOM said:

colorider-do you still plan to get your son the new Honda crf125? It'll probably fit in the back of his truck ;)
Dad's are the greatest.
No, pretty much stands now that he will get to use the NX250 for what riding he wants to do, since Mrs. Colorider rides it so seldom. As soon as he turns 16 (in December) we will sign him up for the BRC of MSF and then let him get his motorcycle endorsement.

Thanks for sharing the nice story about your Dad. This is my first Father's Day since my Dad passed away last July. Felt real strange (lonely) this morning waking up to that. Just like children - we need to enjoy our parents while we still have them!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Almost in the "Dad" club

Well, we're off to the hospital in a couple of hours. Doctors are scheduled to induce labor first thing in the morning. :13:

This will be our first. :)

Happy Father's Day, fathers!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Almost in the "Dad" club

rtresco said:
Well, we're off to the hospital in a couple of hours. Doctors are scheduled to induce labor first thing in the morning. :13:

well best of luck...hopefully thing will go groovy... and we will soon see pictures of rtresco Jr. ;)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Almost in the "Dad" club

rtresco said:

Hey, good luck, rtresco! You are truly experiencing Father's Day to the fullest!

Let us know how everything goes with The New Arrival!!!! We'll be thinking of you and Mom in the meantime.......:29:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Zaino... $90

3 Fieldcrest 100% Cotton Towels... $12
Good Weather and Time to actually Zaino... Perfect Father's Day Present :2:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wonderful Piece Harddrv

Harddrv, that's a sweet piece that really hit the spot. My pre-teen princess gave me breakfast in bed, a card, and a great big hug 'n' kiss.

Father's Day weather was great, so after a little work around the house (enjoyable work), I loaded the families three bikes on the hitch-mounted rack and Piloted over to the county bike path. The day seemed to never end, and one has to cherish the time together. Biking, fishing, walking the dog, BBQ, and of course the great big good night kiss.

Every day should be Father's Day (and Mother's Day)!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: Re: Almost in the "Dad" club

Ziploc said:
well best of luck...hopefully thing will go groovy... and we will soon see pictures of rtresco Jr.
Ziploc said:
Hey, good luck, rtresco! You are truly experiencing Father's Day to the fullest!

Let us know how everything goes with The New Arrival!!!! We'll be thinking of you and Mom in the meantime.......
Thanks, fellas! Mom and baby are doing great. Lora Katelyn arrived on June 16 at 1:48 PM ... 7 lbs 12 oz and 19.5 in long. She is absolutely beautiful.

We left the hospital around 6:00 today; I've never driven so carefully and defensively in this H-Town traffic. Funny how your outlook changes in such a short amount of time.

And, of course, I've attached a snapshot of her :D (day two).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts