Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fall colors are just starting to develop in our area, and summer has definately slipped away. Break out the sweaters!!

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Great pic, love the colors! I may be inspired enough to take a similar shot from my neck of the woods.

Chris

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a struggle to find a good location. Most of our trees are not developing the brilliant colors because of the dry conditions most of the summer. Here we are living amoung all these huge lakes, but the ground is bone dry!

Now we wait for the SNOW!!!! :jump3:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Beautiful shot! :29:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful colors, and then the raking begins!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey - You made the front (Pilot) page!!!
Congratulations!!! :29:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

All those leaves are now on the ground, and we've had our first dusting of snow. It all melted at sunrise. I look forward to our first Winter storm!!!!!:D

·
Registered
698 Posts
a2Pilot said:
The Fall colors are just starting to develop in our area, and summer has definately slipped away. Break out the sweaters!!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man, I MISS the colors. There is something very special about a Michigan autumn. And I miss going to Yates Cider Mill and getting the fresh cider and hot doughnuts. Have you ever been out there?

When will they be putting up the Christmas lights at Domino's? If you go, can you take pictures?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Happy Fall from Michigan!

copperpoppy said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man, I MISS the colors. There is something very special about a Michigan autumn. And I miss going to Yates Cider Mill and getting the fresh cider and hot doughnuts. Have you ever been out there?

When will they be putting up the Christmas lights at Domino's? If you go, can you take pictures?
I'm not familiar with Yates. Where is it? Cider and hot doughnuts are an awesome Fall Food!

Domino's won't be setting up the light display this year. They say it's become too expensive, and the traffic is getting out of control. I'll miss the lights, they were amazing! (My office is just south of Domino's Farms)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It snowed a couple inches again last night, but none of it stuck to the roads!

I have to resist the temptation to drive through the grass!!!!!:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yates Cidermill is in Rochester, not too far from where I grew up. Here is a link http://www.mi360.com/parks_rec.htm. As a recall though, there is a cidermill on the Huron river in Ann Arbor that was very nice (in the late 70s anyway).

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Happy Fall from Michigan!

a2Pilot said:
I'm not familiar with Yates. Where is it? Cider and hot doughnuts are an awesome Fall Food!
I see that mkell put up a link to it. Coolest-a-mungo! I went to that every year. Sometimes they have pony rides for the kids, and it is a nice place to have a picnic lunch - if you don't mind the chill and the yellow jackets. They also have Mackinaw Island Fudge there, too.

I'm making myself hungry AND homesick....

Domino's won't be setting up the light display this year. They say it's become too expensive, and the traffic is getting out of control. I'll miss the lights, they were amazing! (My office is just south of Domino's Farms)
Yeah, I can imagine it is too expensive. It was a cool thing though.
I hope you post more pictures of the colors.

·
Registered
698 Posts
a2Pilot said:
It snowed a couple inches again last night, but none of it stuck to the roads! I have to resist the temptation to drive through the grass!!!!!:D
... you only live once.

Do it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Re: Re: Happy Fall from Michigan!

copperpoppy said:

I hope you post more pictures of the colors.
Unfortunately, the colors are gone. We had a wierd fall. Some trees turned great colors, others just went brown. There were even a few that dropped thier leaves while they were still green! Entire trees would drop nearly all thier leaves in a single night. Long, dry summer = below average Fall colors.

Bring on the SNOW!!!!!:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd like to put in an order for a white chrismas please.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mkell said:
I'd like to put in an order for a white chrismas please.
(making a face) Yeah, me too.

But only if it disappears by the next day and I don't have to drive in it, shovel it or have to go anywhere in it.

:)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Let me be more specific --- I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....in Michigan, not in Maryland, Pennsylvania or Ohio where I'll be driving to get there on Christmas!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Pilot tells me it was 19 degrees this morning!

Still no snow, but it's certainly cold enough!

·
Registered
698 Posts
a2Pilot said:
My Pilot tells me it was 19 degrees this morning!
Still no snow, but it's certainly cold enough!
I heard a rumor you had snow today in A2. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts