Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you all are Enjoying the day off Eh!... 馃嵒 馃

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Gracias, muchachos. (Pardon my French.)

Registered
Canada day? At least they came up with a really creative name! Does this mean they get another week off of work?

Registered

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
I found Tim Hortons to be an interesting place to go. To me it is quintessential Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts.

Never heard of Royal Farms, are they an eastern version of Denny's? Big Boy in California seems to be.

Registered
I found Tim Hortons to be an interesting place to go. To me it is quintessential Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts.

Never heard of Royal Farms, are they an eastern version of Denny's? Big Boy in California seems to be.
It's a gas station convenience store, all the rage on the east coast. So is Wawa. They have a pretty extensive made-to-order area. Wawa has quite good subs, reasonably priced and bakes the bread right in store while RoFo is known as the chicken king. Fried chicken and chicken tenders as well as steak fries that are excellent.

Reactions: Daltongang

Registered
Not a huge fan if Tim's. Don't tell anyone; they may kick me out of the country.

Canada day? At least they came up with a really creative name!
Yup, ranks right up there with The 4th of July.

Administrator
Not a huge fan if Tim's. Don't tell anyone; they may kick me out of the country.

That's okay, I'm not a fan of Dunkin Donuts either. Now Lamar's on the other hand makes wonderful pastries. I love their German Chocolate Knot.

On Canada Day do you shoot off a bunch of fireworks, legal or illegal or it is just crazy Americans that love them some pyrotechnics? Depending on the part of the country fireworks are in order on many a day here.

I had and aunt and uncle that were both professors at a college in Arkansas for many many years. It never ceased to amaze me, but nothing says happy birthday Jesus like shooting off fireworks on Christmas Morning. But in that part of Arkansas I am pretty sure that there were some people that thought the three wise men brought gifts of Cherry Bombs, Roman Candles and Bottle Rockets. 馃槅

Registered

Silly Canadian... don't you know the real name of the holiday?

Administrator
Silly Canadian... don't you know the real name of the holiday?
View attachment 137589

View attachment 137590
Be careful with the Silly Canadian thing on this one.

Our true Independence day is technically July 2nd, the day that the Continental Congress passed the Resolution to separate from Britain. Being Americans they couldn't agree on all of the parts of what we call the Declaration of Independence until July 4th. It wasn't signed until August 2nd. It wan't until 1870 that the forth day of the seventh month was actually declared to be a Federal Holiday that we now call Independence Day.

At least theirs is on the right day.

Registered
Well, Canada Day is also known as Le Jour de la Conf茅d茅ration, just as a lot of people call the Independence Day the 4th of July.

I had and aunt and uncle that were both professors at a college in Arkansas for many many years. It never ceased to amaze me, but nothing says happy birthday Jesus like shooting off fireworks on Christmas Morning. But in that part of Arkansas I am pretty sure that there were some people that thought the three wise men brought gifts of Cherry Bombs, Roman Candles and Bottle Rockets. 馃槅
My Arkie friend celebrates Jesus with church and ribs.

By the way, it's one thing to declare independence, but then you actually have to win the war. Little known historical fact: at Yorktown, the decisive battle of the American Revolutionary War (AKA War of Independence) at which the British surrendered...

ResultDecisive Franco-American victory

Strength
American: 8,000 regulars
3,100 militia[2]
French: 7,800鈥8,800 regulars
29 warships[2]
Total: 18,900
British: 7,000+
German: >3,000
Total: 9,000[3]

Siege of Yorktown (1781) - Wikipedia

You're welcome, friends. :)

Registered

Registered
Be careful with the Silly Canadian thing on this one.

Our true Independence day is technically July 2nd, the day that the Continental Congress passed the Resolution to separate from Britain. Being Americans they couldn't agree on all of the parts of what we call the Declaration of Independence until July 4th. It wasn't signed until August 2nd. It wan't until 1870 that the forth day of the seventh month was actually declared to be a Federal Holiday that we now call Independence Day.

At least theirs is on the right day.
Leave it to Americans to be as culturally diverse and argumentative as possible... look at the dichotomy of our last 2 presidents, the recent riots, etc.

Who said a melting pot had to get along?

Administrator
Well, Canada Day is also known as Le Jour de la Conf茅d茅ration, just as a lot of people call the Independence Day the 4th of July..
Of course it is, with your language laws.

My Arkie friend celebrates Jesus with church and ribs.
We do too, with out the ribs. With a meal, usually a more formal Sunday go to meeting type of meal.

By the way, it's one thing to declare independence, but then you actually have to win the war. Little known historical fact: at Yorktown, the decisive battle of the American Revolutionary War (AKA War of Independence) at which the British surrendered...

ResultDecisive Franco-American victory

Strength
American: 8,000 regulars
3,100 militia[2]
French: 7,800鈥8,800 regulars
29 warships[2]
Total: 18,900
British: 7,000+
German: >3,000
Total: 9,000[3]

Siege of Yorktown (1781) - Wikipedia

You're welcome, friends. :)
As Merican's we hold dear the right to pick what ever day we choose for what every it is we want to celebrate. 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The US version of the Tim Hortons really sucks ..i tried almost tossed the cup .

Administrator
The US version of the Tim Hortons really sucks ..i tried almost tossed the cup .
Never been to an American Tim Hortons, but then I never ate at a Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts, and now they are gone. Seems like Tim Hortons won the war.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Never been to an American Tim Hortons, but then I never ate at a Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts, and now they are gone. Seems like Tim Hortons won the war.
Apparently we have them here in NY ... hole in the wall joints ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts