Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, a few months ago we got this nice 2015 LX 4WD, trailer towing, etc. w/ 64.5K on the clock.

It has on it:

It hasn't snowed yet. We live in a burb of Brewaukee WI., where they plow and salt at the drop of a hat.
They still have good tread on them- didn't/not measuring it.
They still have good tread. And it's an VTM 4WD.

I'm thinking we'll be fine. When we wear these out, we'll get a set of....

Registered
OK, a few months ago we got this nice 2015 LX 4WD, trailer towing, etc. w/ 64.5K on the clock.

It has on it:

It hasn't snowed yet. We live in a burb of Brewaukee WI., where they plow and slat at the drop of a hat.

of .................? 馃憖馃憘

Registered
2014 Honda Pilot (4WD, 71k), 2014 Honda Odyssey (59k)
I heard some people around here like Sumitomos.

Was thinking about putting four Blizzaks on my new 2014 this year, but I think I鈥檓 just gunna stick with what I got on there for this winter (Cooper Discoverer SRX), if they don鈥檛 perform well, I can always blast away some cash on new rubbers next winter!

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Blizzaks are good -- at first. Michelin X-Ice is good, too, and they usually start offering $70 rebates on October 1st. I went with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUVs, More expensive and harder to find, but I'm very happy and they have served me well when old man winter starts ablowin'.

Blizzak DM-V1 - The Thrill Is Gone

Registered

It has on it:

It hasn't snowed yet. We live in a burb of Brewaukee WI., where they plow and slat at the drop of a hat.

You know you're risking your life on those "standard touring" tires.

TireRack customers give them only a "fair" rating for winter/snow performance.

Give them a try. What's the worst that can happen?

Registered

It has on it:

You know you're risking your life on those "standard touring" tires.

TireRack customers give them only a "fair" rating for winter/snow performance.

I'm not one to judge a tire for ice and snow. Here's what consumers say.
REVIEWS
HANKOOK
KINERGY ST

Reactions: The Todd

Registered

OK, you can definitely find worse if you search (this is the internet, after all), but you get the idea.

Registered

OK, you can definitely find worse if you search (this is the internet, after all), but you get the idea.
Having driven little in Ice and snow, I'd need every advantage I could get. I'd be first in line for a set of winter tires.

Reactions: plplplpl

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not one to judge a tire for ice and snow. Here's what consumers say.
REVIEWS
HANKOOK
KINERGY ST
View attachment 142335
I DID see this before posting, thanks.
Interesting, the first category 'would buy again'? 8.6/10? Not bad IMO

I bet they'll be fine. I actually 'drive for the conditions'? Unlike many who can't understand why the just ran off the road or rear ended someone when the road surface is not dry. So does my wife. She dirves our 'new to us' Pilot mostly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 'NUT" behind the wheel can be a significant factor to skew the results...ymmv
I think it's the 'Loose Nut' behind the wheel! LOL

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

Registered
Having driven little in Ice and snow, I'd need every advantage I could get. I'd be first in line for a set of winter tires.
Every winter the drivers up here have to relearn the lessons from the past. After the first few snow flakes hit the ground some drivers slip/slide and make it home while other drivers keep the body shops busy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And, with as much as they plow and salt around here, especially with FWD or 4WD- I use one set of tires year round. I don't put my 'winters' on in November, etc.
YMMV

Reactions: Nail Grease

Registered
The 'NUT" behind the wheel can be a significant factor to skew the results...ymmv
I'm sure that those who have experience driving in WI on ice and snow could make there destination on these tires. I'm sure others might not be successful. You gotta give the consumer TireRack poll some credibility.

Reactions: The Todd and aggrex

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Every winter the drivers up here have to relearn the lessons from the past. After the first few snow flakes hit the ground some drivers slip/slide and make it home while other drivers keep the body shops busy.

I often watch YouTubes of crappy drivers too!!

I really think that my background of first growing up riding minibikes and motorcycles, and go carts did my driving skills well.
Especially, learning to ride motocross, where every corner is taken with the rear end sliding out in a 'power-slide' while on the gas! Then driving go-carts too, all before I ever drove a car.
All this while also riding a motorcycle on the street too when I was old enough to license a 100cc at 15 y/o in TX.
Then, I took drivers-Ed. in High school as a complete semester class in 1976.
They had classroom, Driving simulators too!, and In class driving around the neighborhoods too! I got the highest score my 'teacher' ever gave!
Richardson High School, Richardson TX. (burb N. of Dallas)

There are SO MANY crappy drivers!! Even if they have their licenses, I can't understand HOW they EVER got a license!

I still ride a big/fast sport bike motorcycle, 2005 GSX-R1000!

Registered

Didn't realize you were in Russia, where most of those videos are from.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just see lots of them from all over on You Tube, and a lot are from................................................ Russia!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts