Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nokia has a phone, the reps call it a "gate" phone, it "looks" for the best available cell to use, or something like that. Anyway, they don't have a hands-free kit specifically designed for it. It will work in the Nokia kit designed for the 5100/6100 phones, but the phone doesn't stay lit and doesn't cut off when you cut off the vehicle. So I didn't want to spend the big bucks for that kit. Thanks to terrier for suggesting the Sharper Image unit! It works with my 6340i...If you look for one, don't just look under the new stuff. They only have refurbished ones for certain phones. When you go to the website, put "cell" in the search window and it will bring up the new and refurbished ones.

Hands-Free on the cheap

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
cat14 said:
Nokia has a phone, the reps call it a "gate" phone, it "looks" for the best available cell to use, or something like that. Anyway, they don't have a hands-free kit specifically designed for it. It will work in the Nokia kit designed for the 5100/6100 phones, but the phone doesn't stay lit and doesn't cut off when you cut off the vehicle. So I didn't want to spend the big bucks for that kit. Thanks to terrier for suggesting the Sharper Image unit! It works with my 6340i...If you look for one, don't just look under the new stuff. They only have refurbished ones for certain phones. When you go to the website, put "cell" in the search window and it will bring up the new and refurbished ones.

Hands-Free on the cheap
I was at an AT&T Wireless store the other day, and they had some great clearance items. One of these items was a Smarteq Handsfree Kit for the 6360. It will also work with the 6340i. It is very similar to the Nokia Car Kit, and it was only
$ 49.99.

I used a Smarteq kit with my old 8260 and no problem with it. They even sent me a Radiomute box which makes it simple to run the sound through the speakers.

If you want a permanent solution with a low cost, it may be worth it checking out the Clearance aisle @ AT&T Wireless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts