Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering one or the other. I have heard some complain about noise from the deflector. Anyone have a problem? Which do you think is better????:confused:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Having had both on other types of vehicles over the years, I prefer the deflector. I believe even masks made with the latest materials are subject to getting wet and potentially messing up the finish on the vehicle, and while they protect from rock chips, do nothing to deflect bugs. My Form Fit deflector makes no noise at all, looks good, and protects the front edge of the hood.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
personally I think that removing and putting on a mask each tie it is wet is a pain....:2:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't many people would recommend the OEM bug deflector due to the noise. My Weathertech went on easily and is completely silent. About half the price of the OEM model (if I'm not mistaken) at $55 direct from the factory.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Art said:
I am considering one or the other. I have heard some complain about noise from the deflector. Anyone have a problem? Which do you think is better????:confused:
Here is a discussion on the pros and cons and here is a bit of humor and a smidging of data.

Good luck!

:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
How 'bout a Weathertech deflector with the bottom half of the Honda OEM mask? Wasn't sure it would work but hey, it did!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really? I thought it looked kinda cool...we only use the bottom half on long road trips. Saves tons o'time when wsaahing smashed bugs off the front end! Of course, I had to buy the WHOLE bra since you can't buy just the bottom half...anybody wanna buy the top half that goes over the hood?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the half bra on mine. Just on the hood part. Is a PIA every-time I go to a car wash. The rest is clear bra 3M tape. Let me tell you. The clear tape is more expensive but is a killer. I just had it done on my Audi. For me its worth it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Be aware of the half mask

Can't speak to the deflector, but I do have the full mask that I install on long drives. Personally, I don't mind the effort it takes to put on and take off as I am usually cleaning prior to and upon return from road trips. I have noticed however, that the half mask will leave a very light rub mark across the top of the hood. I really had to catch it just right, but nonetheless it is there. I've only used the mask twice thus far, and I was able to remove the mark with Zaino z5 whe I Zaino'd the vehicle but haven't used the mask since. I plan to, just haven't taken the right trip yet. Hopefully this won't reappear.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Art said:
The Formfit deflector is well made and makes no noise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
pbaylog - Sometimes the top portion of the bra, if it's not extremely snug, can flap and cause really tiny scuffs...did you put those plastic strips in the slit? That should help force air over the mask and keep it tight against the hood. Oh, and I totally agree with you...well worth the time and effort to install/remove the bra after every long road trip!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Isn't this just about the best arguement for 3M clearbra???

I mean if you have to "wash before" , and STILL be worried about rub marks why not just get the film applied?

The price diff between a Deflector AND a half bra vs the film (even installed) must be pretty small...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts