Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I always wanted to see just how good the anti locking disk brakes on the Pilot were. Yesterday I had the opportunity. Wife and I were driving down a four lane road (speed 50-55 mph) and a big Chevy SUV pulled out from a gas station making a left turn going the other way. He did this when we were less than 30 feet from him. Hit the brakes (and I mean hit, leg still sore). The Pilot did great. Kept my foot HARD on the brake and maneuvered to the right passing behind him. Missed him with less than 2 feet between us.
Even with the anti locking brakes working hard you could still hear the tires squealing on the pavement. Just lucky the DS did not try to stop in the middle of the road when he looked our way and said O'****. If I was still driving the Ford Ranger I would have been in a ditch or broad sided him.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry to hear about your close call. That's a terrible reason to get your heart pumpin. Glad to hear the Pilot performed so well under pressure. I'm thinking about trying out the brakes in the parking lot or empty street.

·
Registered
991 Posts
What the heck is it with people who decide to look after they pull out into traffic! I see it all the time, and you watch there head as it does not move when they turn into incoming traffic... WHY? do you do this.. look! it may save your life..

had to get that out

rob

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I agree with shepilot. Sure glad the Pilot performed superbly under that situation, but it is a horrible way to find something like that out. I hate it when something like that happens to me and gets me just as mad when I hear stories like that. Some people just should not be driving at all. They just don't have the brains for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts