Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pilot was three months old when a child threw something like a ball at the windshield of my car and shattered it. I had it replaced with the factory style windshield. I now have a noise in the passenger side that sounds like a gurgling when it rains. I don't remember hearing it before the windshield was replaced, but the Honda dealer said they can't hear it. Of couse, this is the same Honda dealer that should be shut down in Lake Charles. Anyone else hear a noise when it rains?

Kimmy

·
Registered
199 Posts
None in the Pilot, but my Toyota Landcruiser developed this malady when a drain hole along the bottom of the door became plugged with a stone/sand/mud. I'll bet some pieces of glass or glue from the repair is clogging a drain hole. I found the problem with a good light and a few minutes on my back under the vehicle. It's worth fixing if that's the problem because if it stay wet all the time it will rust.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The only time I hear this gurgling noise is when i shut the Pilot off.. But I think it is the AC, or some sort of water line that the noise is coming from..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a similar kind of noise on my Audi when I shut it off, it turns out that when its hot out the gas cap starts releasing air and it sounds like the car is gurgling. Just to verify it, I loosen the gas cap and the noise stops.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'll try that, thanks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts