Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Bluetooth GTA Car Kit for my 2006 EX (standard stereo).

The instructional video just suggests running the cables in to the glove box. I was hoping to run the AUX cable and Bluetooth button under the coin tray somewhere so my phone can sit on the console.

Anyone do anything creative when installing a GTA kit other than just running the cables into the glovebox?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
There is a USB charging port in the GTA Car Kit module, right next to the 3.5" AUX port. That's why rather than as per the video installing it behind the radio, I double velcro-ed mine under the "not-a-lighter"/coin tray cubby area. Looks OEM and although out of the way I still have easy access to the built-in USB charger port and AUX input jack whenever want it.

I also placed the mic in a more central location so as to better pick up passengers talking hands-free as well.

The setup now looks like this, except I've since opted for a smaller phone afixed higher and to the left of the steering wheel, rather than the big tablet below on the center console. Safer and more convenient.

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/question-on-replacing-stereo.110505/#post-1144729

1 - 3 of 3 Posts