Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Count me in if we can get the price right. Honda is pretty proud of those accessories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new to the site. Just took possesioin of my Honda Pilot 3/17/03 I'm interested in the tow package, but can we install the cooling system ourselves? :confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't need the whole package I would do just the hitch!!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Someone ought to check with Tim to see what the "towing package" includes from hondacuraworld... I just checked their web site and there wasn't a separate line item for "towing package". Instead the towing package is listed individually:

Honda Pilot Trailer Hitch
Code:08L92-S9V-100
Price: $199.00

Honda Pilot Trailer Hitch Harness
Code:08L91-S9V-100
Price: $37.70

Honda Pilot ATF Cooler (Trailer Hitch)
Code:06255-PVG-305
Price: $193.70

Honda Pilot Power Steering Cooler (Trailer Hitch)
Code:53765-S9V-800
Price: $172.90

Honda Pilot Trailer Hitch Ball
Code:08L92-S10-100P
Price: $11.70

Does the package include all of the above? Can you pick/choose only the pieces you need? Just something to think about... :8:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yes, I'd be in for the Hitch-only option. Only need the trailer hitch for hauling bikes at this point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wiring harness

Does anyone know if the wiring harness simply plugs in the rear somewhere or does it need to be professionally installed? Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Wiring harness

jturcott said:
Does anyone know if the wiring harness simply plugs in the rear somewhere or does it need to be professionally installed? Thanks a lot
It simply plugs in. There is another thread on how to do it - but you will find the instructions to be more than adequate. Should take you about 20-40 minutes total.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I would be interested (this time I will keep awake and visit the board more often than once a week)

I just need to haul bikes, so what would I need at a bare minimum for a rear trailer hitch mount for any bike carrier?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
ottopilot said:
I would be interested (this time I will keep awake and visit the board more often than once a week)

I just need to haul bikes, so what would I need at a bare minimum for a rear trailer hitch mount for any bike carrier?
If all you want is to haul bikes, all you need is the bare-bones hitch. The best deal around is probably still the Hidden-Hitch from etrailer.com.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
And if all you want is to haul ass, all you need is the Propeller Hitch Plug. :D :D :D
Kemo, you would never make it in the Navy!!!

That is a SCREW - not a propeller!!! :twak: :2:

(I wonder what kind of picture I will get back on this one!!! :confused: :eek: )

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:

That's why I was in the Air Force!!! :4: :D

colorider said:

(I wonder what kind of picture I will get back on this one!!! :confused: :eek: )
NO!! This is a screw... (hey, what kind of image were you "expecting" anyway??? :D )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

That's why I was in the Air Force!!! :4: :D

NO!! This is a screw... (hey, what kind of image were you "expecting" anyway??? :D )
Well then you should know what a propeller is!!! :2: :2:

(and NICE image):22:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
colorider said:

SO for us nautical drop outs, what is a propeller?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
N_Jay said:

SO for us nautical drop outs, what is a propeller?
That's what those Air Farce dudes had!!! :2:

Props on planes.
Screws on boats/ships.

('least that's how the Navy teaches)

YMMV

1 - 20 of 35 Posts