Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone interested in a group buy on the Auto Day/Night mirror?

Had one on my previous car and it's a great thing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How much and how is it delivered?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Group buys are 10 percent off the price at Hondacuraworld (which includes shipping).

The mirror is priced at $195, so minus 10% would bring the price, including shipping, to 175.50. (not checked with Tim, my own calculations)

·
Registered
194 Posts
How complicated is the installation?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Brian said:
How complicated is the installation?
Here are the installation instructions. I had my auto-mirror installed before delivery, but it delayed teh delivery about 3 hours while they figured it out (first Pilot install at my dealer).
It mostly involves trim work and routing the cable. You will have to remove the left side trim (pillar, instrument console, etc...) to route the cable from the headliner above the mirror down to wire into the mirror into the fuse box.

My dealer installed one on another Pilot after mine and stretched out the headliner above the mirror - not too pretty and I think they were going to replace the headliner.

It can be a DIYs project if you are careful, plus, when you consider the Dealer's price and install fee :eek: you'll come out ahead.

·
Registered
423 Posts
tim S

I am also in the Dallas area. Which dealer did the install for you?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Tim. You helped me make my decision.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
4603pba said:
tim S
I am also in the Dallas area. Which dealer did the install for you?
Huggins Honda in North Richland Hills.
Brian said:
Thanks Tim. You helped me make my decision.
Hope I didn't scare you off, I was just trying to give you the info you asked for. $180 is a pretty good deal for such a useful item.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How much did it cost to install?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I think I paid $175 to have it installed, but I paid Dealer price ($250) for the mirror. So when you think about it, I actually paid $245 to have a mirror installed which you can easily buy outright on-line for $180.

I (my wife) really didn't want to mess with the trim and wiring when the Pilot was so pristine and "just off the truck". So I decide to do the Dealer install to avoid any defects. It's also such a convienient item, that I didn't want to wait.

·
Registered
194 Posts
is it any bigger than the stock one?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The mirror is a little bigger, but the housing makes it more bulkie. I installed the mirror myself, very straight forward. The only think I would caution is when you take the left visor down, be careful of the plastic trim that covers the screw. You don't want to pull it around the post, but to slightly twist it around the post. I wonder if they just sell that replacement part? :) Otherwise, just go by the instruction. I took my time, and it took about 3 hours. I could probably do in 2 hours now. :) One more thing, the electrical part was a little confusing at first, but once you see the connections, it's straight forward.

The mirror and compass works GREAT!

agw1

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
c'mon guys. cargo liners, floor mats, sidesteps. . . all boring.

this mirror has an led! And it dims automatically! And you only have to tear up half the interior to install it! And, and, well, you get the idea.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Don't forget the compass. It really is handy.

I might not alway admit it, but I sometime lose track of the direction when I'm driving on a parkway or one of the looping, winding highways around DFW (FYI, I-35 "East" runs north and south). A quick glance and I can say "yes I did get on the freeway going the right direction". :29:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts