Group buy is not needed!

Just to give you heads up -- I am working out a deal with
some Honda retailer to provide to the members of honda-pilot
the rates on Pilot accessories that are consistently better then
Honda-Acura World by about 10% or more. I am still in the process on confirming
the details which will take a coupe more days, but if this works out
(and I am hopeful), there will be no more need create groups of
10 --- our whole community of Pilot owners (and wannabees like
myself) will represent a group and get the discount we deserve.
Stand by for updates.

:1:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Take into account other discounted resources available such as:

handaparts.com
hondapartsforyou.com
collegehillshonda.com
hondaautomotiveparts.com
hparts.com
4hondaparts.com

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
kruzo said:
if this works out
(and I am hopeful), there will be no more need create groups of
10 --- our whole community of Pilot owners (and wannabees like
myself) will represent a group and get the discount we deserve.
I always offered the specials as a "thank you" to the members of the site for their continued support of Hondacuraworld, through the good times and the rough. That's another reason I'm here helping wherever and whenever I can, posting every day and helping to support this site financially.

I had no idea that group buys and monthly specials were perceived as an insult.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Re: Group buy is not needed?

hondacuraworld said:

I always offered the specials as a "thank you" to the members of the site for their continued support of Hondacuraworld, through the good times and the rough. That's another reason I'm here helping wherever and whenever I can, posting every day and helping to support this site financially.

:32:

I'm not insulted! I'm grateful! Even without group buys or monthly specials, you're still offering this stuff up at WELL below the dealer's "cost". I consider it a bonus.

:2:

I think you ended up saving me well over $500 on my rather sizable order, over the dealer "cost" installed. Ended up saving enough to cover 1/2 of my sunroof! If you're ever in town again, I'll treat you to a nice big juicy steak on the grill!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not looked at EVERY one of them,
but I did look at a couple, and the prices
seem about %10 lower. I still don't have
all the details. Once I do -- I will post
the prices, and anyone can make a decision
he/she think works.

MDXlite said:
Take into account other discounted resources available such as:

handaparts.com
hondapartsforyou.com
collegehillshonda.com
hondaautomotiveparts.com
hparts.com
4hondaparts.com

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Group buy is not needed?

I can not speak for others, but I don't think
I mentioned anything about being insulted :confused:
I mean I am insulted by how my dealer treats
me with my $35K purchase, but that's about
it :) Anything you or others can offer to us,
the customers I consider a bonus. Very grateful
indeed :6:

All I was saying is that I came a cross another
supplier who is willing to treat all the members
of this board as one large buying group, so
that we don't have to look for 9 others or wait
for a special when one of us needs a set of wheel locks.
I think this makes sense :4: Obviously
everyone is free to continue to order from whomever.

Just good old Capitalism in action :1:

Hope nobody is insulted here :7:

hondacuraworld said:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Tim,

Don't fell bad. It's just nature for most member to search for vendors that will help us to save $$$.

I think you did a great job to all the member. Keep it up, man.

:4:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Group buy is not needed?

kruzo said:
...I mean I am insulted by how my dealer treats
me with my $35K purchase...
:32:

I was just saying the same exact thing to my wife the other day!

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Wow. I didn't bother even checking this thread before, since I figured it'd be the usual "we don't need group buys since Tim's prices and service are unparalleled." I'm surprised, and kinda saddened.

I've known + dealt with Tim for close to 2 years now. In addition to being a totally straight-up and honest guy providing an incredible level of service, he's been supportive of both the MDX and Pilot sites with specials, group buys, contests, "test drives" of new gear, and other events. He's been an asset to the MDX owners well beyond just giving us deals on gear.

I obviously can't speak for Honda accessories, but I can tell you with certainty that on the MDX gear, Tim is and always has been the lowest price. On rare occassion we've seen a piece of equipment for a couple of bucks less, but taking into account Tim's free shipping, he's come out lower every time. Add in the superlative service pre- and post-sale, and he's unbeatable in my book.

I suppose if you're gonna just do a one-shot deal from a vendor and don't care about the long-term relationship for parts, accessories, advice, and general assistance, then it makes little difference from whom you purchase.

IMO Tim's support of the sites, and even moreso the owners through his participation, has earned some measure of loyalty. Somehow going elsewhere to save a few bucks just doesn't seem right. But then, my relationship and experience w/Tim is longer than most Pilot owners have @ this point.

I'm not suggesting anyone throw money away (if that's how you look at it), but even if Tim were a few bucks more than other dealers, he'd still be getting my business. Every day of the week.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Group Buys

Let me say, I think most would agree that HAW provides terrific service at a great price.

I would like to acknowledge the efforts of some people (Kruzo specifically) that invest a great deal of time and effort for the benefit of all.

I recently installed the Michelin CT upgrade that Kruzo put together
after getting nothing for trade-in on my own.

I believe Kruzo is simply trying to provide owners with another buying option when searching for accessories at a good price.

Keep up the good work - EVERYONE.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow ... can't believe that anyone would say anything less than "Tim at Hondacuraworld walks on water":

** Tim's NORMAL prices seem to be 20+% below Honda's MSRP on everything.

** Tim runs specials periodically, providing increased savings.

** Tim lets owners "pick specials" if there is enough interest in a given accessory [called Group Buys].

** Tim's prices INCLUDE shipping.

** Tim has always been there when I have had a question. From what I can tell, he has been there when others have had questions.

Maybe you want to spend your day looking for the best price on each and every accessory. Me, no way!! I would rather pick up the phone, call Tim, and KNOW that I am getting a good price on EVERYTHING THAT I BUYING.

Out of curiosity ... how many of you paid below MSRP for your Pilots and I will bet that you spent a lot of time looking!! Better yet, what kind of "deal" did the dealer offer on accessories ... geesh ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
srpbep said:
Wow ... can't believe that anyone would say anything less than "Tim at Hondacuraworld walks on water":
Look, I am not prepared to debate wheather Tim walks on water or not.
In fact I believe you if you say he does. :26:

My motivation is very simple to illustrate w/o going too far:
There is a parallel thread that has been running for a while now
-- group buy on Fog Lights:
If we can get 15 people, I will drop the price down to $259.00 shipped
The regular price is $299, vs. $389 MSRP. How can it get any better?

If we can pull it off (this deal I am negotiating), the price
will be $245 including shipping. No specials. No "15 people party, your table's ready".
Every day. Same price, as long as you are a Honda Pilot.org member.
I thought this is GOOD
:8:
If this is all about loyalty and not free
enterprise, why do we have a Fog Light Buyer's Group running
since June -- doesn't it hurt Tim's margins:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Let me state that I have no problem with what you're doing....I was however a bit put off by the tone of your post. If somebody can beat my group buy on the foglights, make it an everyday special, and manage to stay in business on the internet, God bless them. If they can undercut me and be profitable and helpful to the members here as well, and find time to provide the owners with information and support and handling issues without question I will tip my hat to them and acknowledge them as being able to do something I cannot.

What has been proven to those that have doubted my belief is that internet sales are driven purely on price alone in the vast majority of cases, a fact that I have come to realize a long time ago. I've never at any time quieted talk about other parts sites, nor will I....what I have always said is that there are many websites on the internet offering factory accessories, and that my only hope was to be considered among them in purchase decisions. If you call my number, and ask for me (in the rare case I don't answer myself), I'm always there. I take pride in that.

May the best vendor prevail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
...........If somebody can beat my group buy on the foglights, make it an everyday special, and manage to stay in business on the internet, God bless them. If they can undercut me and be profitable and helpful to the members here as well, and find time to provide the owners with information and support and handling issues without question I will tip my hat to them and acknowledge them as being able to do something I cannot...............

If you call my number, and ask for me (in the rare case I don't answer myself), I'm always there. I take pride in that.

May the best vendor prevail.

Well said Tim........that is why I, and many others over at acuramdx.org are very pleased with Tim's sales & service. I have learned long ago that service is just as important as price and Tim has gone the extra mile to ensure every one of his customers has been happy with their purchase. Certainly there is nothing wrong with price shopping.....just don't forget the service piece.

This is a very new forum.......please do your research before you buy & don't hesitate to visit acuramdx.org & ask others of their experience with various vendors. I think you'll find that there is a reason why many people choose Tim over other Acura & Honda vendors. Price & service ....both delivered with Integrity....that's an unbeatable combination :4:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't said Tim offer the best on all the parts that he puts on sales everyday. But he does save me tons of money while I purchased accessories from him. [ plus great service & free shipping ]

Maybe you have trouble to get 10 or 15 people join the group buy, but I guess people in MDX doesn't.

Good Luck with your new deal. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
texrb said:

This is a very new forum.......please do your research before you buy & don't hesitate to visit acuramdx.org
Thanks, I just did, and this is what I found:

No respect !
Take a look at the disrespect Tim's getting over at the Pilot forum:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/s...s=&threadid=806
Some guy is actually putting together another buying group that claims to have lower pricing. I don't know about the rest of you, but Tim's customer service and positive attitude is worth more than the measly 10% those guys think they are saving . . .
Tim is the Man! That’s for sure. His prices are the best I have seen and the service is great. What low class thing to do, under cut him on his own site some people have no class
And my personal favorite:
Honda Pilot owners
I have always thought of the Honda Pilot drivers as the Bastard child of Acura MDX world...

Always causing trouble and always eat more than it can chew...Come on guys...when the deal is good just take it...dont be such greedy little bastards...For God's sake Tim has to make a living too...

and

We all know that Pilot owners bought the Pilot cause they can not afford the MDX. So it would be in there nature to try to look for a cheap way out on Accessories.
http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7043&highlight=tim+pilot

Maybe I am missing something -- does this site belong to hondacurrawold? If so, I guess it would be improper of me
to mention any other retailers. Please calrify :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
I don't own this site.....in fact the only connection that I have here "officially" is that I pay for advertising here. I guess I just try to make the most of that and have fun and be helpful at the same time. It's been a winning combination thus far for everyone concerned.

And believe me when I say that I'm far from "walking on water". I make mistakes just like everyone else. Sometimes the effort you put forth to make things right in those instances can give you more of an opportunity to "prove your worth" and show that every order to you is not just a number...it's a real transaction with a real person built on a reputation of trust and kinship. That in and of itself is FAR more important than profit-taking, and as well it is tantamount to the relationships that develop out of people placing their hard-earned money and faith in you to deliver as promised.

I'm sorry for the flames that this thread has attracted, and I'm also sorry if this issue has developed on as a personal affront to you. I have no moderator status here to close threads....if I could, I would.

I think at this point it's best to just take a step back from my direct participation here for a bit to assure everyone a level playing field and to demonstrate that the loyalties I have built on the internet are that way for a reason. I'm really not such a bad guy when you get to know me. And now I'm going to tuck my little boy into bed and call it a night.

Peace all :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
This is wearing thin. Some of the guys over at the Acura site are getting pretty juvenile. I understand that they are doing it out of support for Tim, and it's great that they support him as he has supported them. However, it's gotten out of hand. Here is a copy of the message that I posted over there. Of course you would have to read their entire thread to fully understand what they've said.

In short, I feel that Kruzo has the right to discuss other buying options and Tim has a right to react to that given his commitment to this site. However, the shameless bashing going on at the other site is unjustified. Showing support for Tim is fine, but not like that.

Chris

(below is my response to a thread on acuramdx.org)
Sad
None of you should be proud of this thread. Absolutely pathetic.

I agree that Tim is very generous and consistently takes care of members from both the MDX and Pilot sites. However, if someone else wants to bring up the possibilties of another accessories provider, he has every right to do so. If he doesn't prefer a group buy type situation, then he has every right to find a system that best meets his needs. In the interest of sharing information, he posted his information for others to see. Tim took offense and that is understandable. It's human nature. But those of you sitting over here bashing the Pilot owner(s) like a bunch of 12 year olds is sad. Really sad. And I thought we were part of the family...

Chris

1 - 20 of 35 Posts