Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a potential "group buy" that might happen in the forums of HondaSUV.com... So far we have 3 people (including myself) who is in for this... If we can get a large number of people, maybe we can get this thing for really cheap!

Please view this thread and let Patrick (HondaSUV's "Pilot Forum" moderator) know via this thread of your interests or not...

http://www.hondasuv.com/main2/viewtopic.php?t=1252&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Here is a link to our previous thread.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Cloud-Rider Grille Insert

I installed a Cloud-rider stainless steel Grille insert a couple of months ago. There are a couple of different designs that the company offer. I got the spectare mesh design and it looks good on a silver Pilot.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Here is the classic design by Cloud-Rider.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Spectare Mesh design by Cloud-Rider:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Hexagon design by Cloud-Rider:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
john802, thanks for the pics. Really appreciate them and I agree, the stainless mesh would look good on a SS Pilot. How was installation for these babies? Any special tools needed? How long did it take? Required getting under the car for the bottom piece to be installed? Thanks for your time and courtesy.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
redn22, any idea as to how much the S&H costs will be since we're up in Canada? As well, what about the duties that may be levied on these things when they're coming across the border or if the shipper uses some kinda customs brokerage houses, then what about the fees for that?

I'm very excited about this group buy, but from my personal experience, often when ordering from the States, the cost of S&H plus the levied customs duties will often make the product considerably more expensive than the original price of what it normally goes for in the US. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
RipRock - Cloud-Rider is a Canadian Co. I Attached a price list and contact info:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
RipRock - It only takes me <5 minutes to install/remove the Grilles. You don't need any tools to install it. It comes with 9 aluminum bracket and speed screw. It mounts to the existing Grilles. I hope this helps.....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
john802 said:
RipRock - Cloud-Rider is a Canadian Co. I Attached a price list and contact info:
Thanks John802 for the price list and posting the great pictures. Now I am thinking that would look cool. Any idea if these designs restrict cooling in the summer to any significant degree?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
john802 said:
Oh, wicked, wicked, thanks!
john802 said:
RipRock - It only takes me <5 minutes to install/remove the Grilles. You don't need any tools to install it. It comes with 9 aluminum bracket and speed screw. It mounts to the existing Grilles. I hope this helps.....
That's good to hear. I'm just all thumbs when it comes to things like this. I think I'll go with the mesh design, like yours. The vertical and the oval designs are a bit too flashy for me.

Been thinking for a while about something like this for my Pilot. With all the gravel dumped on the roads during the winters here, I've always been concerned about the big gap in the lower bumper area. There are many small pebbles stuck between the fins right now on my radiator. Even thought about using chicken fence wiring to make something out of it, but I think this will look better :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Here's a close-up pic of my Cloud-Rider Spectare mesh (small holes) with bright mirror finish.

I'm also interested in the group buy. I would like to get another one with the same finish but with the larger holes. I'll be using the ones with the larger holes in the hot summer months.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
desertpilot said:
Here's a close-up pic of my Cloud-Rider Spectare mesh (small holes) with bright mirror finish.

I'm also interested in the group buy. I would like to get another one with the same finish but with the larger holes. I'll be using the ones with the larger holes in the hot summer months.
desertpilot, thanks for the close-ups. The holes aren't as small as I first thought they were. But seeing as how you want to use the bigger holes grille, have you noticed an increase in temperature at all with your current grille on?

·
Registered
898 Posts
RipRocK said:

desertpilot, thanks for the close-ups. The holes aren't as small as I first thought they were. But seeing as how you want to use the bigger holes grille, have you noticed an increase in temperature at all with your current grille on?
I'm glad you like the pic because it's shown in real actual sunlight and not studio lights. No changes in temp, and I even had her up to triple digits speed (don't do this at home kids :14: ). I'm sure a big company like Cloud-Rider tested it before going to market. I just like the larger holes because the temp here goes up to 110+ degrees F in the summer time, it's just my own personal choice.

I have another regular front view pic at the Gallery of Installed Pilot Accessories in the link below.

I hope we get the group buy going.:D

Gallery link: http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=109916#post109916

·
Registered
116 Posts
First of all, thanks to redn22 for posting this thread on behalf of me. Secondly, I apologize that I just saw this thread today.:3: I rarely check this forum when I come to this site.

Anyway, we have 3 people so far who want the big hole with bright mirror finish. We need a minimum of 5 people to get $98.95 shipped anywhere within U.S. Regular price is $114.95. Small hole (Spectare) with bright mirror finish (like desertpilot's) is also availbalbe and we can combine the order, but not black powder finish.

It will cost more for S+H for Canadians, so I'd suggest Canadian member buy directly from Cloud-Rider.

Here's who we have so far.

1. PatrickC1026, big hole with bright mirror finish
2. desertpilot, big hole with bright mirror finish
3. CochonChien, big hole with bright mirror finish

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why not the Black Powder coat? Couldn't a person just pay the $5 more and get it?

JW

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sage_EX said:
Why not the Black Powder coat? Couldn't a person just pay the $5 more and get it?

JW
Actually the black costs $12 more. Besides, Cloud-Rider recently had a production problem with black powder coating and the production was delayed, so it's harder to get the black ones too. That's why I just thought we would do a group buy for just bright mirror finish.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RipRocK said:
redn22, any idea as to how much the S&H costs will be since we're up in Canada? As well, what about the duties that may be levied on these things when they're coming across the border or if the shipper uses some kinda customs brokerage houses, then what about the fees for that?

I'm very excited about this group buy, but from my personal experience, often when ordering from the States, the cost of S&H plus the levied customs duties will often make the product considerably more expensive than the original price of what it normally goes for in the US. Thanks.
Sorry for the super-delayed reply... Well, someone beat me to the answer to your questions, but just want to mention something...

TO ALL CANADIANS - I highly suggest that you purchase this direct from Cloud-Rider because if you order from the US, you may be charged the "dreadful" duty and the "even more" dreadful Brokerage Fees... I know on the posted price list it shows a flat shipping rate, but when I got in contact with someone from Cloud-Rider (via email), I got a different price... Shipping to Winnipeg from Regina will only cost me about $7.00 CND instead of the flat $25...

TO ALL AMERICANS - I highly suggest that you get your grille via Patrick (HondaSUV.com)... $100 USD is a very good price especially since the shipping is included... Patrcik just needs 2 more to fulfill the group-buy clause...

Red

1 - 20 of 86 Posts