Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks. I have the templates properly cut and ready to ship. But befor eI post to ebay for all the rest of the world to scoop up, honda-pilot.org gets first swing, at a discount. These babies will sell tot he forum members through June 20 for $10 per set of 6 (in case of accidents during install) including a set of installation instructions. Payment by paypal only please. NO SHIPPING COSTS (there's the discount) and I will make a donation to the forum at the end of the month based on the number of sets sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
can you post a close up picture with the final handles...thanx

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Alright Ratso, thanks for the generous and considerate offer for giving us first dibs.

I was wondering though, for deliveries to Canada, are you still waiving the S&H cost? I just wanted to make sure and confirm with you, just in case you never took that into account. Don't wanna take advantage of this situation. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Count me in for a set!

What do I need to do to PayPal you? My PayPal account wasn't working for a long time (until I started a new account with a new credit card actually) and I've only used it once so I need a little instruction.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:

Here you go... :)

this is the trial set...not the final one

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Any interest in the stuff I make for the Pilot? We can trade. If not, I can paypal you. Let me know. Send me a PM or email.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waived S&H to US and Canada

waived for all shipping anywhere in North America folks.

wwong, sorry, but I bought some matting and stole the wifes scrapbooking cutters to try to make the pads myself. I don't intend on competing w/ you though. I just wanted the slip-free rubberized padding used for toolbox liners. It will keep the ol' cell phone and spare keys from sliding around. Plus the material would make it too expensive to compete.

I'll post a pic of the final set tomorrow, along with building an PDF install sheet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just wondering....

Ratso,
I am curious if you have considered making a second piece that would cover the fixed portion of the handle (see the portion in red below). I realize the front door handles would be a bit more complicated with the lock cut out. Although your prototypes look great I think that by adding the same garnish on the fixed portion of the handle it creates a better look. There is something a bit distracting about the black portion of the handle peeking out at the tail end of that nice chrome garnish.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: Just wondering....

kpd151 said:
Ratso,
I am curious if you have considered making a second pice that would cover the fixed portion of the handle (see the portion in red below). I realize the front portions would be a bit more complicated with the lock cut out. Although your prototypes look great I think that by adding the same garnish on the fixed portion of the handle it creates a better look. There is something a bit distracting about the black portion of the handle peeking out at the tail end of that nice chrome garnish.
I agree.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Re: Waived S&H to US and Canada

Ratso said:
waived for all shipping anywhere in North America folks.

wwong, sorry, but I bought some matting and stole the wifes scrapbooking cutters to try to make the pads myself. I don't intend on competing w/ you though. I just wanted the slip-free rubberized padding used for toolbox liners. It will keep the ol' cell phone and spare keys from sliding around. Plus the material would make it too expensive to compete.

I'll post a pic of the final set tomorrow, along with building an PDF install sheet.
Okay Ratso, I am in. Let us know where to send the Paypal payments. They look great. So like when are the grill chrome accents going to be available? You and WWong should join forces.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: Re: Just wondering....

robrecht said:
I agree, too.

A popular accessory for BMWs is a replacement on the door handle that removes the key hole and installs a solid, body colored piece. I was tempted to suggest this. Thanks, robrecht.

:4:

·
Registered
112 Posts
How are they being installed? Are they glue on, or?
Will they easily come off by accident? Kids friendly?
Any long term temperature, wear & tear usage problem?

I know too many questions. But I just want to get a feel for it.

Thanks
dclw

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replies to Q's

no rear piece for the accents. Too much time involved to match the right hole size and position. Cost would nearly double.

Adhesive backed polyvinyl with mirror chrome finish.

Durability/Temp Comments: I had these on my ML20 for over a year, high temperature days, lots of hand washing and a few drive thru washes. A few minor scratches after a tough winter with salt. But not noticable from a step back. Kids firendly isn't an issue. I have a 5yr old and an 18 month old. The applications lay smooth against the handle and do not snag or catch on mittens, coats or popcocle sticky fingers.

Keep in mind these are $10. They are a great touch for the money. I am trying to sell a product that people will view as a value.

Buy a set, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Count me in on the group buy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm in on these. Please provide payment instructions

Curt

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sizing Correct

Picture of Finished copies

Alignment is key folks. I tried to make these cover as much of the handle as possible,so please try to mount in the CENTER of the top/bottom margins of the handle. Too high/low and the front curve will pucker.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
On a Sandstone Pilot?

I'm trying to picture these on a sandstone Pilot. What do you guys think? I've got a silver mirrored front vanity plate, too, so it might just work... :8:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts