Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought our first Pilot, a new 2020 EX-L. Is there an easy to access ground point under the dash? I will be hard wiring a new dash cam this week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
We just bought our first Pilot, a new 2020 EX-L. Is there an easy to access ground point under the dash? I will be hard wiring a new dash cam this week.

Thanks!
Maybe this photo will help?
Lots of hidden metal underneath.

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
846 Posts

Thanks!
When I installed my dash cam, I picked up power from the drivers side fuse box and the ground from a bolt with a nut in the area near the brake pedal. Careful where you pick up power if you have auto stop as it may stop you camera if you don't pick the correct power output. Look through this thread to get some ideas, I posted reply #6.

Dash Cam Power

·
Registered
846 Posts
Just saw you have an EX-L so shouldn't have a problem since you don't have the start/stop feature (unless the 2020 models added it to that trim)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! looks like all I need to do is remove drive side end cap then lower dash (12 clips) and I have access to that ground point on the left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I installed my dash cam, I picked up power from the drivers side fuse box and the ground from a bolt with a nut in the area near the brake pedal. Careful where you pick up power if you have auto stop as it may stop you camera if you don't pick the correct power output. Look through this thread to get some ideas, I posted reply #6.

Dash Cam Power
Touring up on 2020

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts