Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was grocery shopping w/ my 2 sons last night.
In that isle w/ a small bit of hardware, I see this Full Syn., oil!?!

No, I don't use that brand either, I often use the SuperTech Walmart brand. Who knows, could be the same exact stuff rebranded too.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Not much on it. It's about a generic oil as you can buy. Here's what I found.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Hey all, I was grocery shopping w/ my 2 sons last night.
In that isle w/ a small bit of hardware, I see this Full Syn., oil!?!

No, I don't use that brand either, I often use the SuperTech Walmart brand. Who knows, could be the same exact stuff rebranded too.

Don't see that specific brand shown on the GM dexos approval list.
dexos®

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,300 Posts
Doubt the grocery store brews their own. Somebody's got to make it for them. But the question is who?

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Don't see that specific brand shown on the GM dexos approval list.
dexos®
Doubt the grocery store brews their own. Somebody's got to make it for them. But the question is who?
The oil maker knows he can't attract any real car enthusiasts, but their banking on the consumers that went to Jiffy lube 6 months ago and now have discovered there is no oil on the dipstick and remembers seeing synthetic oil at the grocery store. It's oil, it says synthetic, it will get me by. I'm getting another car soon anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
though I'd never use it,

this says it's OK to use anyways?

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
We have a cheap looking version of Mobil oil in our grocery store.

Doesn't say Mobil 1

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
though I'd never use it,

this says it's OK to use anyways?
If you're willing to eat the food from that grocery store, then why not use the motor oil they sell?
OTOH, if that's the brand of motor oil they sell, then do you really want to be eating the food from there?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're willing to eat the food from that grocery store, then why not use the motor oil they sell?
OTOH, if that's the brand of motor oil they sell, then do you really want to be eating the food from there?
OK Mr. Local Devil's Advocate- LOL

I actually posted this as a joke. I thought it funny one of local grocery stores ( A big one, owned by Kroger- Pick N Save), actually had full syn,. motor oil.
I'd never think of using it. I do however use the Wally World Super Tech Full syn oil though LOL
Probably the same stuff LOL

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
My grocery store sells their own brand of toilet paper. They don't make it themselves. They have someone else make it for them and stick their name on the package.

Even so, we buy the good stuff. I'm willing to spend the extra for good quality toilet paper. I also have no problem spending more for quality fluids for my vehicles.

Call me a wastrel if you will but my butt and my vehicles both appreciate the quality I choose.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
My grocery store sells their own brand of toilet paper. They don't make it themselves. They have someone else make it for them and stick their name on the package.

Even so, we buy the good stuff. I'm willing to spend the extra for good quality toilet paper. I also have no problem spending more for quality fluids for my vehicles.

Call me a wastrel if you will but my butt and my vehicles both appreciate the quality I choose.
That's good! Last thing the stock boy wants to hear is "need a clean up on isle 9" because you bent over to buy some cheap generic motor oil off the bottom shelf. :p

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

This post brings back memories: during the height of the pandemic last year with shortages of toilet paper even the last available roll of store brand rough coarse toilet paper (which can scratch sensitive parts) was sold out o_O

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
That's good! Last thing the stock boy wants to hear is "need a clean up on isle 9" because you bent over to buy some cheap generic motor oil off the bottom shelf. :p
Toilet Paper is the one item that I do consider High Performance to be one of the requirements for purchase. You don't want any slipping or rollover when going around a curve at 75mph. ;)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
OK Mr. Local Devil's Advocate- LOL

I actually posted this as a joke. I thought it funny one of local grocery stores ( A big one, owned by Kroger- Pick N Save), actually had full syn,. motor oil.
I'd never think of using it. I do however use the Wally World Super Tech Full syn oil though LOL
Probably the same stuff LOL
IMO if Super Tech or Master syn oil meets or exceeds the API rating required for your vehicle....I'd use it in a pinch

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tangential posts in this forum are amazing! LOL

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,300 Posts
Aren't they, though...:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts