Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of the grocery or plastic bag hooks in the back of the Pilot? Do most people use them? I believe there are four of them.. I admit, I use them all the time.. I find if I just rest my bags on the floor either in the passenger area or in the second row, the bags roll are over the place! But with the hooks in the back, it keeps the stuff in the bag from falling out.. The little things that make me happy.

rob

·
Registered
494 Posts
I use the hooks but not for bags. I use them to hold a 3 compartment net.

Here's a pict.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now thats a better idea... Is that the same net that comes with the Pilot?

If not, what is the net for that is supplied?

rob

·
Registered
494 Posts
I bought the LX model so it didn't come with a net. I did purchase a similar net. I didn't use it much. I found this 3 compartment net at either Walmart or Pep Boys. It was priced around $20 - $25. I use this net almost everytime I drive the Pilot. Also that original net I purchased fits almost perfectly on top the 3 comp. net, which helps to keep items from bouncing out, when I 4x4. :)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
my questio is does anyone use the hooks inside the head reat storage well ??

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
ramirami said:
my questio is does anyone use the hooks inside the head reat storage well ??
I'm sitting here trying to visualize what the inside of the storage well looks like. :confused:

I remember the molded areas for the head rest and the cargo cover - and a place where the hook (on the bungee) fits - but I don't remember any "other" hooks. Oh yes - now I remember!!! There are grocery bag hooks in there too. Nope - don't use 'em cause I never travel with the storage well cover open (too much junk stored down there!!!).

rod

·
Registered
283 Posts
That cargo 3 compartment net is awesome. I'll have to find 1 of those. I use my net sometimes hooking it to the 4 lower hooks. It will really pin things to the floor that way. Usually my net is in the hooks just behind where the 3rd row of seats are. That small area is perfect for grocieres/bags. I have tried using the bag hook on the back on the center console but the bag was to tall and didn't work very well.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The 3 compartment bin is also pretty good for loading bags. I've never had it filled up like in the picture, but I can get most of the weekly groceries in it.

What's nice is that it hooks onto the lower net rings near the hatch or behind the second row. It doesn't use the bag hooks.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tony said:
I use the hooks but not for bags. I use them to hold a 3 compartment net.

Here's a pict.
Hey Tony,

I see you have the cargo tray, the liner, and the cargo cover. You are really protecting that back area:D

I've been looking for that cargo net you have since day one you posted it, way back when. It's become a part of the ritual to check the car section when I walk into Walmart, Target, etc... Still no luck. Is it available on line anywhere?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just got the 3 compartment net, and it fits perfectly on the rear grocery hooks just as Tony said. The link Tony provided to highlandinteractive still works and has the online and store vendors list. This is a useful, inexpensive accessory.

The organizer bin that Tim posted looks nice too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used the hooks and factory net for one week then I stopped using them. I just leave bags and stuff on the back without them. Sure they sometimes slide around it's less of a hassle then unhooking, hooking, unhooking, hooking the factory net everytime I shop at the supermarket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts