Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've recently noticed a grinding noise from our 04 on the passenger side of the engine. It almost sounds like a gear on gear noise. It increases with engine RPM, seems to change when the transmission shifts and goes away above 2k rpm's.
The oil level is good and I did the 3x trans flush when I bought the car about 15k ago. It has 152k or so on it now. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance.

Link to the video below...

20181111_112001.mp4 - Google Drive

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most likely the serpentine belt tensioner ( common problem ) or the alternator is going bad causing grinding noise
Thanks for the info. The tensioner is what I was leaning towards. The noise goes away above 2k rpms. Is there a master thread or anything on this topic? Will the car be okay to drive for a few days until I can get this done?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the info. The tensioner is what I was leaning towards. The noise goes away above 2k rpms. Is there a master thread or anything on this topic? Will the car be okay to drive for a few days until I can get this done?
yes it will be ok to drive for a little while.

you will hear the noise get worse over the course of weeks maybe months its a slow progression

1 - 6 of 6 Posts