• CR-V grille

Votes: 17 47.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go:

Which grille would you prefer me to try and make for the pilot? I have access to a stereolithography machine so I might be able to fenagle some time and materials to make a prototype grille. Just curious which one is more popular

1. the Lexus style grille

or

2. the CR-V style grille

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I voted lexus since my choice would be

1. Original
2. Lexus
3. CRV

·
Registered
423 Posts
I like the Lexus type. I don't want my Pilot to look any more like a CRV on steriods than it does now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like the CRV grille, but I would like the entire grille to be chrome!!!!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) can you make the original grille chrome all over and also chrome only on the edge or chrome of the mesh only. if it looks nice I might have it chrome plated!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like the Lexus grille myself!

If possible, I would like to see what the original would look like if it were all chromed also.

Thanks for the great work!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I agree

4603pba said:
I like the Lexus type. I don't want my Pilot to look any more like a CRV on steriods than it does now.
If there is going to be a change, I would rather see it not be a CRV type. I think we should go with the Lexus....

Just my $.02

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
supergeek74 said:
I have access to a stereolithography machine so I might be able to fenagle some time and materials to make a prototype grille.
Where could I have parts of my grille chromed, like maybe just the outer frame? This would look cool on a black Pilot! Maybe an autobody shop?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: Re: Grille option Poll

robrecht said:

Where could I have parts of my grille chromed, like maybe just the outer frame? This would look cool on a black Pilot! Maybe an autobody shop?
Most body shops contract out their chroming work. In the yellow pages, I'd look under "plating" and look for a metal plater that advertises bumper work.

Don't know how tough it is to plate plastic as an electrical process is used in the plating process, but I'm sure the shop can let you know what's possible.

Would be interested in hearing what you find out.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: Re: Grille option Poll

robrecht said:

While you're at it, why don't you see what it would cost to get your rims dipped as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think the existing grille would look cool if the horizontal bars and possibly the edge where it meets the metal were body color.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Grille option Poll

sfhondapilot said:

Don't know how tough it is to plate plastic as an electrical process is used in the plating process, but I'm sure the shop can let you know what's possible.

Would be interested in hearing what you find out.

Here is something I found on google, kinda cool process it seems, they have a video you can watch of them chroming a motorcycle helmet. Check it out at: http://www.alsacorp.com/ChromeFX.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts