Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I live in N.W. Montana, I am considering adding a brush/grille guard to offer a little protection for my front end. I am wondering if anyone has installed a Black Horse 17A151000MA grille guard to their first gen Pilot, and any complications/ issues that may have occurred.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
If installed properly, I can't think of how it could interfere with ABS and cruise control. I can't recall any members reporting any of those problems with a grille guard.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ 242,542 miles
10 Posts
If installed properly, I can't think of how it could interfere with ABS and cruise control. I can't recall any members reporting any of those problems with a grille guard.
Always a joy to converse with our neighbors to the North. Polite, honest and courteous! Thanks for your help again. The more I seem to investigate these grille-guards, the more I think that they won't help much with most collisions that I am worried about. I would be interested to hear if anyone could suggest good protection for the front end/radiator on my 2005 Pilot EX-L.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
Hey neighbor, one option you may wish to consider is this protective lower trim. I've seen them on some Pilots around here and they look good. I even considered getting one for my 2006. I doubt it would withstand a major collision, but it might provide a degree of protection from minor mishaps. Hopefully, they're still in stock.

Honda Lower Trim (2003-2005 Pilot)

I've attached the installation instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Since I live in N.W. Montana, I am considering adding a brush/grille guard to offer a little protection for my front end. I am wondering if anyone has installed a Black Horse 17A151000MA grille guard to their first gen Pilot, and any complications/ issues that may have occurred.
The BH grill guard looks nice on the Pilot. IMO it may offer some low-speed parallel parking bump protection but it's mostly decorative for higher speed impacts. My concern with that style of grill guard is the overall size. Low to moderate impacts tend to push the grill guard towards the hood, grill and headlights that it's supposed to protect.

Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Mode of transport Automotive exterior Automotive design

1 - 5 of 5 Posts