Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone - I just wanted to pass along some info concerning genuine Honda OEM Pilot accessory prices that I have not found anywhere else. I found a guy (via eBay) who is in the process of starting up his own Honda/Acura parts business on the side and have gotten some tremendous deals from him. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will provide you his e-mail address (no, I do not get a "cut" - I'm just trying to steer some business his way and save ya'll some dinero). His shipping rates are entirely reasonable as well. A few examples of his prices versus Honda suggested retail:

His: / Honda's:
Running boards: $300 / $549
Bumper garnish: $250 / $459
Mirror covers: $55 / $109
6-disc in-dash cd changer: $300 / $599
All season mats: $65 / $119
Air deflector: $70 / $129
Backup sensors: $345 / $578

I'm always looking for a better deal and as you can see, the savings are substantial...It also gives you some idea just how much dealerships and internet suppliers jack up the prices on this stuff!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Don't forget

our site sponser................

HONDACURAWORLD

Good folks - good prices!!

:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
shipping/total cost?

How much does your ebay guy charge for shipping? That can spoil the whole deal if it is more than $0. I am curious to know what he charges.

Out site sponsor, www.hondacuraworld.com , offers GREAT prices and free shipping. You have to factor in GREAT SERVICE and FREE SHIPPING when looking at a price.

:claphead:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
skirmish said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
I found a guy (via eBay) who is in the process of starting up his own Honda/Acura parts business on the side and have gotten some tremendous deals from him
[ S N I P P E D ]
His deals may be low initially while he cranks up his bizness and to get his online store "known" to the public, but how long will his prices stay low? Will he jack up the prices once he gets rolling...??? :8:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's more than "zero" shipping, the whole deal is spoiled? The shipping on my running boards was $35 via FedEx ground (they weigh 60 pounds). The shipping on my in-dash changer was ten bucks as was the shipping on the floormats. If he can combine items to save the buyer shipping he does so (ie. sensors with mirror covers, etc.). So, let me get this straight: I paid $335 dollars including freight for running boards and HondaAcuraworld charges $453.70 BUT throws in free shipping....yeah, buddy, I guess your deal was better than mine. Essentially, you paid $118.70 for shipping...I also have available a few acres of swampland I'd like to unload in case you're interested. As for prices going up once he is established on-line? I dunno - can't predict his business' future or his pricing. In the meantime, I'll reap the savings and you can continure to spend (more of) your money elsewhere. I just thought some of you would be interested....my apologies.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
skirmish said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
As for prices going up once he is established on-line? I dunno - can't predict his business' future or his pricing. In the meantime, I'll reap the savings and you can continure to spend (more of) your money elsewhere. I just thought some of you would be interested....my apologies.
Questioning that guy's bizness plan(s) doesn't equate to "not being interested"... :)

And as N_Jay would post (but w/o typos :p ): I don't need any more accessories so it doesn't affect me one iota!! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
skirmish said:
If it's more than "zero" shipping, the whole deal is spoiled? The shipping on my running boards was $35 via FedEx ground (they weigh 60 pounds). The shipping on my in-dash changer was ten bucks as was the shipping on the floormats. If he can combine items to save the buyer shipping he does so (ie. sensors with mirror covers, etc.). So, let me get this straight: I paid $335 dollars including freight for running boards and HondaAcuraworld charges $453.70 BUT throws in free shipping....yeah, buddy, I guess your deal was better than mine. Essentially, you paid $118.70 for shipping...I also have available a few acres of swampland I'd like to unload in case you're interested. As for prices going up once he is established on-line? I dunno - can't predict his business' future or his pricing. In the meantime, I'll reap the savings and you can continure to spend (more of) your money elsewhere. I just thought some of you would be interested....my apologies.
I think everyone is interested in a "good deal" - but with most "good deals", something has to happen to compensate. That is probably everyone's concern right now. Do these parts carry the same warranty as if purchased from an authorized Honda dealer or reseller?

:8:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the info, skirmish

I'm sure there are many out here that do appreciate the lead, skirmish. It's great hondacuraworld.com sponsors this site, but ol' Tim is definitely getting something out of it.

I bought my accessories through my dealer, if you can believe that! My dealer's accessory prices were just a little higher (see my list below), but they included installation. It came out to where I basically paid about $115 to have them install my crossbars and side steps. It was worth it to me, but might not be to others.

In general, ya gotta find whatever works for you.

ammdaddy

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Thanks for the info, skirmish

ammdaddy said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
It's great hondacuraworld.com sponsors this site, but ol' Tim is definitely getting something out of it.
[ S N I P P E D ]
Like most sponsors (Pepsi, Nike, Castrol, Hondacuraworld, Binford Tools, etc), they get the exposure of advertising and (hopefully) the foot traffic (or in this case, the web traffic) to the store to purchase their product(s). :rolleyes:

*** EDITED ***

Sponsors pay to get their name on a web site or race car or a TV show for the exposure -- maybe that guy, if he's interested, can contact admin and become a paid sponsor to honda-pilot.org...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Thanks for the info, skirmish

ammdaddy said:
I'm sure there are many out here that do appreciate the lead, skirmish. It's great hondacuraworld.com sponsors this site, but ol' Tim is definitely getting something out of it.

ammdaddy

ofcourse he gets the business from this web-site and tremendous exposure.... Its a pretty fair deal

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks Skirmish for the info. It seems to me that too many of us are to quick to poo poo any company that competes with HondaAcuraWorld. Please all, let the free market do its thing. I forget which company uses this slogan, but it's right on the mark: "An educated consumer is our best customer."

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
guitarman said:
...snip
"An educated consumer is our best customer."
Sims - discount name-brand clothing.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
guitarman said:
Thanks Skirmish for the info. It seems to me that too many of us are to quick to poo poo any company that competes with HondaAcuraWorld. Please all, let the free market do its thing. I forget which company uses this slogan, but it's right on the mark: "An educated consumer is our best customer."

1. never bite the hand that feeds you :D
2. Terms of use for ths site state :
"You further agree not to post advertising of any kind in the Forums whether you are a private party or company. The only exceptions to this policy are granted for current Honda-Pilot.org banner advertisers. "

There have been various discussions on what is appropriate when posting info on other sites so I dont want to get into that. But on the whole no one is stopping any one from posting info on any company....

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
guitarman said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
...It seems to me that too many of us are to quick to poo poo any company that competes with HondaAcuraWorld. Please all, let the free market do its thing...
[ S N I P P E D ]
Shoot, I "poo poo" Micro$oft all the time and I still end up buying Office 2000 and Windoze XP... :bonk: :2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
guitarman said:
was

POO POO?? LOL

I just wanted to know what the Ebay guy's prices and shipping costs were, how fast you got the parts. The warranty issue is a good one also. If he ends up having better deals and good service I would gladly buy from him.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It seems to me that too many of us are to quick to poo poo any company that competes with HondaAcuraWorld. Please all, let the free market do its thing.
Touché, guitarman!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ammdaddy said:
Touché, guitarman!
One reason some folks give kudos to Tim is that hondacuraworld is a sponsor of this site -- if the sponsor decides one day to no longer sponsor this site, perhaps admin can find another, but if he doesn't, do you think admin will cough up his own $$$ to keep this site up and running for you so that you can access it for free? Maybe. Maybe not.

In reality, I doubt Tim is going away anytime soon... Just playing devil's advocate since it's a slow day at work and the boss is in class... :D

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Aftre buying LOTS of stuff from Internet vendors, Tim included, my advice is to make sure they have access to the latest high tech invetion in electronic commerce.

THE TELEPHONE!!!

I have found the one call is worth 1000 emails, and if you can't you may be up the creek!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kemo

:22: Devil's advocate? I thought that was MY position!

One of the reasons I treasure this site so much is that people share their resources and there is this shared marketplace . . . from wwong's 3M products, to people selling OEM tires and wheels, etc.

Imagine if we all bought from a single source . . .

Time to go back to thinking about the Cubbies.

ammdaddy

1 - 20 of 48 Posts