Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 205K mi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed oil/grease under the housing of 2005 Pilot AC compressor. AC still work fines, so I'm not 100% if the oil is from the AC compressor seals going bad or could it be oil pan seal. Pics attached, any ideas? Its got 205K miles on it, and its OEM compressor.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,274 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
249 Posts
I noticed oil/grease under the housing of 2005 Pilot AC compressor. AC still work fines, so I'm not 100% if the oil is from the AC compressor seals going bad or could it be oil pan seal. Pics attached, any ideas? Its got 205K miles on it, and its OEM compressor.
It looks like the oil pan leaking to me. I would clean the oil off with a rag the best you can, and check again in 24 hours without driving to see if it’s leaking. Oil pans leak all the time, not just while driving. If you don’t drive it at all and check it you’ll be able to see exactly where it’s leaking from, instead of looking at oil spreading around everywhere from driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts