Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ---I have a 2019 Pilot Touring. Everything has been great. Suddenly, we have an issue with the navigation system. It displays a red satellite icon at the top, with an error message that says, "Your vehicle is not detecting GPS"

Not only does the navigation system not work now---it is doing something really weird. First, it was just stuck on the last place where it appears to have worked properly (yesterday). I saw that the car wanted to install an overall software update, and thought that might help. But after installing, the navigation system now shows us being at the Honda headquarters in Los Angeles. (I'm not---I'm in the Chicago area).

Has anyone else had this issue, and do you know how to fix it? I was told to try a reset of holding down the power button on the radio---but that didn't do anything. I mean literally nothing happened. Is there a way to fix this without going to the dealer?

Thank you!

·
Registered
128 Posts
It happened a couple of times when coming out of the garage. It reacquires the connection after a couple of minutes of driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happened a couple of times when coming out of the garage. It reacquires the connection after a couple of minutes of driving.

Thanks but that hasn't been the case. We've made several trips and it hasn't cleared up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have not tried to update my maps. But I had an accord for 3 years and never updated my maps and never had this issue.
By any chance anyone updated maps in your accord and tried to do the same with pilot using the same usb stick? If yes- Garmin might lock your GPS because of serial numbers mismatch.

Try to disconnect the battery to reset the radio.

If not - probably an issue with gps antenna and I’d suggest a dealer to take care of this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By any chance anyone updated maps in your accord and tried to do the same with pilot using the same usb stick? If yes- Garmin might lock your GPS because of serial numbers mismatch.

Try to disconnect the battery to reset the radio.

If not - probably an issue with gps antenna and I’d suggest a dealer to take care of this.

Thank you for this reply. I had already sold the Accord when we bought the Pilot. (And again, I never updated the Accord maps). I tried to disconnect the battery but on the Pilot the battery is really hard to get to.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Pull fuse A29 in the under hood fuse box for 10 minutes. You will lose all settings.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If all fails, take it to a dealer for warranty repair.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Take it to the dealer. If it is the GPS antenna that about a $23 part for them to replace.

If that doesn't cure it ask them to completely reinstall the nav unit software and update it. Takes about and hour or so for them to do the nav system or at least it did on the 2nd gen Pilot Touring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pull fuse A29 in the under hood fuse box for 10 minutes. You will lose all settings.
Hey---that worked! You're a genius! Thank you very much. I was going to have to take it in to the Honda dealer---they were unable to diagnose or recommend a solution over the phone.

Thanks very much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts