Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After a long, long, long wait, my wife and I finally got our silver 2004 EXL-RES last Saturday! I tried to register with my usual forum user ID to this site, but it came back and said the username was already taken. I am thinking, that's close impossible, given what my username is. It turns out, I had registered back in July '02! Looks like I had been lurking for over a year!

I wanted to thank you all who are contributing to this site. It's been an invaluable source of information for me about what to look for, when to buy, and how much to pay. Thanks to a quote I saw here by emanders, I got an area dealer here in Cincinnati to match his $30,248 offer for a SS '04 EXL-RES, which is right about $2500 below MSRP.

It's barely been 200 miles yet, but so far I have not noticed anything that I'd consider as problems. Yes, I did hear the gas slosh in the tank, and the leather on the seats look like they will sag a little, but I'm inclined to see those as a characteristic of the vehicle.

I also did notice a very slight (really very slight) vibration at around 75 mph or so, but it's so barely perceptible that, had I not been looking for it, I wouldn't have noticed it. The first thing I thought of when I felt it was that maybe it's because the timing profile(?) of the engine changes after a certain rpm, which would be perfectly normal. I also have a '97 Integra (not the vtec) that at least made a very distinctly different roar above 3500 rpm or so. I do realize some people had the vibration much worse than the others, but so far mine seems to be a barely perceptible characteristic of the vehicle. I will keep an eye on it though.

Again, I think the car is so well overall, I am really ecstatic! I hope people who have issues with their Pilots eventually get them resolved.

I hope to be a contributing member of this forum from now on instead of just listening.

Thank you, All.

Berk

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Welcome, Congrats! :D Great color choice. If you've been lurking for a while, you know the drill: :needpics:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I was planning to eventually post some pictures, but I really wasn't expecting to be slapped with the dreaded "worthless without pics" picket sign so early! :D My expression of gratitude should be worth something, right? ;)

Berk

·
Registered
365 Posts
There was much rejoicing...:claphead:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Berk,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your dealer to match the price I got. You even got your Pilot sooner than me - congrats! :29: I just got the email from my dealer today that my Pilot (Midnight Blue EXL-RES) has been born and will be arriving within 10 days. I can't wait....happy Piloting!

-Eric

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
emanders said:
Hey Berk,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your dealer to match the price I got. You even got your Pilot sooner than me - congrats! :29: I just got the email from my dealer today that my Pilot (Midnight Blue EXL-RES) has been born and will be arriving within 10 days. I can't wait....happy Piloting!

-Eric
emanders, don't make us post the smilies again. PICS! Congrats!. Love that Blue. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric,

Thanks for your efforts to get the quote you got, which in turn helped me greatly. We considered the blue color, but decided to go with silver in the end, partially because, well, we never had a silver colored car before, and considering I am not the best person to religiously wash his car, we figured the silver would hide dirt a little better. Also if we ever move somewhere south (well, it gets cold in Cincinnati, too!) the lighter color might help in the summer too. The dealers here seem to have silver Pilots most, so we found one on the dealer's lot and picked that up.

Jay,

When I get around to it, I'll post some pictures :4: It looks like any other silver Pilot, but maybe we'll take the picture in front of the house or something and personalize it a little bit. :4:

Thank you all for welcoming me! Now, let me go back to the garage and leer at my Pilot once more! :jump3:

Berk

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
TheBerkinator said:
Eric,

Thanks for your efforts to get the quote you got, which in turn helped me greatly. We considered the blue color, but decided to go with silver in the end, partially because, well, we never had a silver colored car before, and considering I am not the best person to religiously wash his car, we figured the silver would hide dirt a little better. Also if we ever move somewhere south (well, it gets cold in Cincinnati, too!) the lighter color might help in the summer too. The dealers here seem to have silver Pilots most, so we found one on the dealer's lot and picked that up.

Jay,

When I get around to it, I'll post some pictures :4: It looks like any other silver Pilot, but maybe we'll take the picture in front of the house or something and personalize it a little bit. :4:

Thank you all for welcoming me! Now, let me go back to the garage and leer at my Pilot once more! :jump3:

Berk
Silver is a great color as far as looking nice with very little work. But, just because it looks like every other Silver Pilot, don't think that you can get away with not posting pics! At least show us '03 owners the seat heater switches. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts