Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD Black
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 weeks ago I got my fuel injectors done in my Pilot because of the dreaded emissions system problem...well guess what happens today, yep you guessed it, lights back on!! I tried to call the dealership and service had closed 30 minutes prior. I took it to my Auto Zone and they broke out their brand new code reader and sure enough same exact code. I am furious. I've had my car not even 2 months, just took my 45 day tags off last week... I hope Monday someone is ready to make this right because my thoughts on Honda right now are not to great.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
250 Posts
Oh man, that’s horrible. How many miles do you have on your Pilot?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I hope they are able to get it figured out for you on Monday. I'm really hoping that I won't have to deal with the injector issue.
Me too!! I'm not happy.. I chose Honda over a Nissan Pathfinder, Chevy Traverse or Ford Explorer and I picked this Pilot so I'm questioning myself left and right right now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I understand that you're frustrated, but this is a known issue. Give them another shot at dealing with it, and then try a different dealer if they still don't get it right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand that you're frustrated, but this is a known issue. Give them another shot at dealing with it, and then try a different dealer if they still don't get it right.
A known issue that was "fixed" 2 weeks ago.. the next dealer from me is atleast 45 minutes away

·
Registered
259 Posts
A known issue that was "fixed" 2 weeks ago.. the next dealer from me is atleast 45 minutes away
Look - I'm not a dealer rep, and I don't work for Honda. I was telling you what I would do. Sometimes (a lot of times) dealers don't get it right the first time, and if you think a Nissan CVT or either of those other cars are going to show up problem free, then sell the Honda and move on.

If it's me, I'm giving them another shot, and then I'm driving the 45 minutes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got mine replaced at 30,000 miles. So far, no more emissions lights. But I do tend to get on to throttle more, to maybe help keep the injectors clean.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine replaced at 30,000 miles. So far, no more emissions lights. But I do tend to get on to throttle more, to maybe help keep the injectors clean.
I tried that too haha because I also changed the transmission fluid to stop the jumpy RPM needle which it did.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Crappy situation but I implore you to stay as patient as you possibly can. If you come at them aggressive they will back down and try to do as little as possible. Make your exasperation clear but keep anger out of it.

Hopefully this is rectified quickly and you are on your way enjoying your Pilot for many years to come.

Reactions: SgtVic

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crappy situation but I implore you to stay as patient as you possibly can. If you come at them aggressive they will back down and try to do as little as possible. Make your exasperation clear but keep anger out of it.

Hopefully this is rectified quickly and you are on your way enjoying your Pilot for many years to come.
I'm trying.. I'm not happy I just want it fixed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I had this happened in year one (2016) I believe and the dealer replaced injectors and rails as reported. Not sure how many injectors (and rails if any) they have done on your Pilot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had this happened in year one (2016) I believe and the dealer replaced injectors and rails as reported. Not sure how many injectors (and rails if any) they have done on your Pilot.
So far (according to the dealer) one new injector kit was put in.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
So far (according to the dealer) one new injector kit was put in.
This is not too clear on how many injectors (and rails if any) they replaced, maybe only one? I believe in my case up to all six of them were replaced. Not much more work for extra 5 sets, I believe, while they already opened up the area. It’s pretty tough to guess which injector was contaminated, so it made sense to replace them all and make it right the first time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is not too clear on how many injectors (and rails if any) they replaced, maybe only one? I believe in my case up to all six of them were replaced. Not much more work for extra 5 sets, I believe, while they already opened up the area. It’s pretty tough to guess which injector was contaminated, so it made sense to replace them all and make it right the first time.
An injector set is all 6 injectors Honda techs do not have an option of ordering individual injectors. The fuel rail is re-used but the fuel feed line needs to be replaced due to the one time crush/style washer inside. If they don't replace it then it is possible the fuel will leak and Honda doesn't want that. Honda has told technicians to replace both components.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
An injector set is all 6 injectors Honda techs do not have an option of ordering individual injectors. The fuel rail is re-used but the fuel feed line needs to be replaced due to the one time crush/style washer inside. If they don't replace it then it is possible the fuel will leak and Honda doesn't want that. Honda has told technicians to replace both components.
I have a call into the dealership who did the fix and my service person is freaking out needless to say and very apologetic. Awaiting a phone call as what to do next. He said this has never happened to him before.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have a call into the dealership who did the fix and my service person is freaking out needless to say and very apologetic. Awaiting a phone call as what to do next. He said this has never happened to him before.
Sounds like they are very interested in resolving it properly. I'm encouraged.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No one is perfect. I say give them a chance to make it right. Although it does tend to look like this was a problem that they should of followed specific procedures to fix. But from personal experience it is not always so easy to find a problem especially without putting allot of time into it. I have a noise that shows up sometimes and I have not a clue yet. It more important they follow up and get it fixed, maybe you got a technician that cut some corners. Who knows - Such is life.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well buying use is always a crapshoot. I know lots of folks who run cars hard and trade every few years. God help whoever buys those. Maybe was traded for reason.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts