Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have much to mention other than that here's one more owner representing the state of Oregon. Man...what a sweet ride...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome! I hope to see you on the road!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I'm normally pretty reserved when it comes to excitement about a vehicle, but it was like waiting for Christmas ever since we had the rig ordered. We ended up going through Bill Rogers Honda (in Albany). I've had very poor encounters with Delon in the past (in Salem). Bill Rogers was decent as far as being above board in the honesty department. Anyway, I haven't decked out our rig as you have. I foresee a trip to Car Toys in my immediate future. I've also been looking on ebay, and I saw a brushed alluminum dash trim set that looks very tempting. If you see me on the road, I'll be the Silver EXL w/ OSU Beaver plates.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats

On your new vehicle! I ordered mine last night and should get it the last week of January!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats! Have fun!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations Apprentice! :2:
Oh it's so worth the wait, isn't it? If you go with the brushed alluminum dash set, which sounds really cool, please post pics.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As soon as the wife gives me the green light, I'm getting the Aluminum Trim. I haven't seen much in the way of people posting about the aluminum trim. The posts I've read talk about the wood grain version. I think the grey leather interior would look better accented with silver rather than brown. When it comes, I'll post some pics...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi!

Just another Northwest Pilot Owner out there! I'm from Portland and had bad experiences with Portland area dealerships, so I purchased mine from Delon in Salem. Apprentice - I'm just curious - what kind of bad experiences have you had at Delon? I'm still debating where to take mine for service. BTW - mine is a Sagebrush EXL. I love it!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Congrats Fellow PILOTeer!

The Pacific Northwest is beautiful, and what better way to see it then in a brand spanking new PILOT.

My wife was born and raised in Portland and we visit there often. Living in Colorado makes it a little bit tougher to roadtrip it in our Sagebrush Pearl-EX.

Enjoy your new PILOT - it's a great ride!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PDXPILOT,
It's hard to make this a short story so I'll compress the stories as well as I can. Delon lied to me on our last car, belittled my older brother when they were looking (about 1 year ago), and when my sister went in to buy a BMW from them they wouldn't take her seriously and only directed questions my way.

With me, I was in the market for a Civic. I wanted a 99' 4DR EX Silver w/ a manual. This was when the 2000's were about to hit the dealerships. They said they couldn't find one for me (lie) and told me they'd get a 2000 in the color "titanium" for me for a nominal additional price. They also gave me the line about not knowing what the invoice was and tried to discredit www.edmunds.com. Long story short, they showed up at MY DOOR STEP @ 6:30PM on a Saturday to tell me to come down and look at my new rig that they ordered just for me (even though I didn't agree to a for-sure-deal or sign any papers).

I go down there a day later and "titanium" is actually kind of toupe. They aplogized that it was the wrong color and said they had no idea because Honda had never sent them the info on the new colors. Anyway, by chance I found exactly what I was looking for in the first place at University Honda in Corvallis the next day. I inquired about the color "titanium" and the brochure info from Honda and they had it there to show me. I asked how long they had had it and they said for 2+ months. They also said they never received a call from Delon inquiring about the car I asked them to call around for. After it was all said and done, I bought from University Honda at Invoice...which was $3000 less than Delon was asking.

With my brother, he negotiated with them on a price of a vehicle. It was apparent that they wouldn't come to a compromise. My brother said that he was going to leave and discuss their offer with his wife and his parents. Delon went into a rant about "needing to talk to mommy and daddy". They followed him out to his car and continued to "question his manhood" as he drove off. Guess where my brother ended up NOT buying from...

These stories are not few and far between. Living in Salem, you hear about the reps of the dealers via word of mouth. Delon beats out all the other dealerships and wins the boobie prize.

·
Registered
23 Posts
PDXPilot and Apprentice,
I purchased both my cars through Delon. My first purchase was years ago for our Accord. I thought for sure I would not go back because I thought they really played games.

I still went back, mostly because they were a local dealer and I wanted to test drive the vehicle. I went in after a lot of research and realizing that most dealers were not going below MSRP. To make a long story short I ended up below MSRP but a different color. It was a lot of haggling and there is a follow up story I won't share here.

But PDXPilot for service... Delon has been the best in service. Their service department has been nothing but bend over backwards for me. I am somewhat neutral to disappointed with sales, but their service department is great!

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm glad your experiences were better than mine. My parents use their service dept for their BMW (as you probably remember they used to sell them). They have reiterated your sentiments as well.

I REALLY appreciated the integrity of University Honda. They would have had my $$ for my new Pilot if they could have gotten one in on a timeframe that wasn't too outrageous. Alas, they couldn't.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the information. Ukahana - I can't believe you got it below MSRP! I paid $500 over, but got the color I want. Anyway, I can't feel too bad about it because the Portland dealerships wouldn't even come close. They all wanted $1500+over MSRP and no deal on parts. Delon also came down on the parts price for the extras I wanted. The Portland dealerships were all very pushy and rude - similar to the past experiences you had at Delon.

My experience is that they worked hard for my business. My first contact was over the phone - we actually did all the negotiations over the phone. They only thing I was upset with was all the extras the finance managers try to sell you. I ended up paying too much for an extended warranty (didn't do enough research because I wasn't planning on buying one). But, to their credit, they are sending me a check and honoring hondawarranty.com's price. They're paying me the difference. So they're working hard to make me happy. I also had my parents come with me since this was my first car purchase, and they treated all of us respectfully. So I'm sorry that they rest of you haven't had the same experience.

I'm happy to hear that the service dept is good. My first experience with them was good and bad. I had to have my Pilot towed because the oil light was on. They paid for the towing and fixed a rattle problem I had while I was there. I had the leather protectant and paint sealant applied, and they did an awful job - I couldn't believe they tried to return the car to me the way they did. But they admitted the problem and fixed it for me. So, maybe I'll give them another try for my next service need.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY!

This is my first post here, and will probably screw this up somehow... I just picked up my Silver EXL January 5th, and absolutely LOVE it. I'm sure you do too. What color did you go for? Hope your dealer was as wonderful as mine. It's amazing to me what Honda can do with a V6. The thing is smooth and powerful, plus it turns like a civic and I just can't find anything wrong with it. Happy Piloting!:4:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yep, I messed up...last post was for APPRENTICE

The last post by me was for apprentice...sorry....I'm NEW:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No Worries Young Grasshopper

I've had it a little over a week now. Every friend and family member love the rig. The prevailing comment is about how intelligent the interior design is. I purchased an EXL Silver Pilot and didn't go much into the accessories. I got running boards and mud flaps. I'm about to get an aftermarket Aluminum Dash Trim set...provided my lady will let me ;) Now I just need my OSU Beaver plates to arrive in the mail and I'm a happy man.

My first tank of gas yielded 17.5 mpg. I'm pretty pleased with that considering the type of driving I was doing as well as a few "test drives" on some lonely streets.

How has your gas mileage been? What accessories could you not live without?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY!

74PILOTMOM said:
This is my first post here, and will probably screw this up somehow... I just picked up my Silver EXL January 5th, and absolutely LOVE it. I'm sure you do too. What color did you go for? Hope your dealer was as wonderful as mine. It's amazing to me what Honda can do with a V6. The thing is smooth and powerful, plus it turns like a civic and I just can't find anything wrong with it. Happy Piloting!:4:
Congrats 74PILOTMOM!
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks Hi Flyer and Apprentice... I've only been posting for an hour now, and have already gotten replies :) Pilot people are so friendly :) and we're smart...goes without saying...
Anyway, thanks for the welcome.
Apprentice: We walked into our dealership and snagged a Pilot that was "incoming" and didn't let them put any other accessories on the thing...not even rear mud guards. My Salesman at Westhills Honda here in Washington (PJ ZELLINSKY!) was wonderful and didn't pressure us into anything. We originally planned on getting the base model, so we could afford it, then decided to go for the EX-L because we'll have it for 10 years and wanted an extra nice one ;) Costo Purchase made it affordable plus that 3.49 interest for 60 mos.! All my accessories will also be purchased on ebay... Honda Mudguards for 29.95, half nose mask for 82.95... and my 3 year old would appreciate the running boards i'm sure. He's "too scary" to jump out alone. Good luck on the dash kit, I saw it, but was afraid to venture away from honda products. Let us know how it looks :4:
FINE CHOICE OF COLOR BY THE WAY!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts