Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Houston in October. What do you guys want me to tell them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was also contacted by a research firm about this too. Unfortunately, i'm out of town on the date they're holding it in early October ( in Los Angeles).

·
Registered
664 Posts
Top three+

Would everything you see on the forum be out of the question?

I guess my top items would be the Silver Paint, both the blotchiness and the unfinished appearance of the door jambs.

Another while it is not a problem for me woudl be teaching their techs how to install the Air Deflector and Cross bars without breaking anything or having them whistle.

To round out my top three how about, Why did they pick Goodyear passenger tires instead of staying with the Michelins like they do no the Accord? The SUV tires with the white lettering look really good on the Pilot.

OK, I've got two more, Why did they take back the 6-disc head unit from the EX models? A 6-disc with mp3 ability would have been great. Why was the DVD system not availbable in the cloth version, some of us don't want leather with kids.

I'm done, most importantly, have fun. It's a great opportunity.

·
Registered
991 Posts
right on

thats a great opportunity norb.. let them know how everyone likes there pilot.. but any minor to big problems... let them know that too.

see if they know what's going on for 2004 pilot (good luck on that)

take care
rob:rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Norb:
I suggest you ask them, how they effectively uncover and deal with the problems experienced. Obviously one way is the forum you will attend. How do those with problems get their voices heard? Let them know about this web site and ask if they monitor or would consider monitoring. Find out if they are aware of the problems/concerns mentioned on this site. Ask if transmission change in Acura will be forthcoming in the Pilot - and why.

Tell them for me - AWESOME SUV :4:

Bake in Wisconsin

·
Registered
83 Posts
Honda Rep. Meeting

norb:

How about a permanent fix from Honda on door seal "scrunch"?

It appears to affect a significant number of vehicles.

It bothers me that consumers are left to find a fix for the problem. (velcro, paint tape, door stop adjustment, business cards...)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Why not OD CUT-OFF switch?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The big question to me is if they will make an assembly line change to use the new MDX tranny. If the current tranny has the same design flaw as those on Odysseys, TLs, and CLs -- then they may get stuck extending lots of Pilot trannys to 7yr/100,000 like the others. Seems to me that they would be better off switching the Pilot to the new '03 MDX tranny as soon as possible.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tranny

GACrabill wrote:
The big question to me is if they will make an assembly line change to use the new MDX tranny. If the current tranny has the same design flaw as those on Odysseys, TLs, and CLs -- then they may get stuck extending lots of Pilot trannys to 7yr/100,000 like the others. Seems to me that they would be better off switching the Pilot to the new '03 MDX tranny as soon as possible.
FYI, your 03 Pilot has the same tranny as the 01/02 MDX. The tranny was NOT part of the warranty extension. :( :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Poor Design on Cargo Cover, Rattles like crazy.
Poor Design on Air Deflector, wind noise and fit.

Why didn't they design the fog lights into the bumper from the get go like the MDX. The add-on is poor design.

Why didn't they wire the trailer brake wire into the wire harness? In addition, the receiving hitch is really short. I could barely fit a socket to tighten the bolt on the Yakima Bike Hitch. Even if they extend 1/4 to 3/8" would make a big difference. Also, they should just include the additional ATF and PS cooler. Basically, it's the same cooler with fins.

Why is Honda so cheap, and not provide the cross bars?

Have Honda follow this forum. :)

Boy is Honda going to get their money worth from you. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, its going to be this Wed! I'll try to write a list form the problems forums.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My beef is with the cheap tires.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My .02

I knew when I bought the Pilot what it had on it in terms of features and available accessories. I could, of course, wish for additional items; but was fully aware of what I was buying. What is important to me is the little things I wish they would work on. None of them, by themselves, is really overly important; but together they tend to irritate me on a regular basis. Wind noise, road noise, loose 3rd row seat belts, seat creak, scrunch, etc. It would cost little or nothing to have Honda concentrate on the little details that would make the Honda perfect in my eyes. These are the things that occur on a daily basis that will help me decide over time whether or not to ever buy another Honda. I think it is a great vehicle and I am glad I have it; but additional attention to these small details would make it even better.

PS. I am fully aware that the dealer is Honda's customer and they don't control the dealers; but a word in Honda's ear about the quality, or lack thereof by some dealers wouldn't hurt either. I am lucky in that I have a great dealer, as far as dealers go; but I know that many others have not been so fortunate. Enjoy your meeting and don't forget to report back. I guess that was a lot more than .02, oh well.:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts