Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was stopped with my blinker on, making a turn into my street, and then all of a sudden an 18 wheeler smashes into me.

I wonder if it will be totaled or not... It's an 05 with about 190k.

Insurance will be out tomorrow to take a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
That’s a bummer that happened. I hope you’re okay. I am no insurance expert but your Pilot has book value of ~$4k and there is likely more than ~$3k damage (somewhere around 70% is the the threshold of being totaled). When my wife was rear ended last year just repainting the rear bumper and replacing the plastic piece on the bumper was $1k. I have a bad feeling you’ll be receiving an insurance payout.☹

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Man, that 18-wheeler really didn't like your blinker and decided to take it out with a vengeance. Glad you and yours are OK, I hope.

Could have been worse.

Luckily you planned ahead and got yourself a spare purple Pilot. :)

Dings and bent sheet metal can add up fast, but most likely the determining factor will be the extent of frame or structural damage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sure was a good reliable vehicle... Insurance will be out this week to take a look and let me know. The Purple People Eater is my parents and most likely what I will be getting if my Pilot ends up totaled.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the inspector came out and looked at the car today... Didn't even give me a hint as to if the car is repairable or not. Anyway, the loaner they gave me is a VW Atlas. Man this thing is nice!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Don't ever play poker with those guys. They don't even have a tell. 😐

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after weeks of waiting I finally got my answer... The Pilot is totaled RIP. I doubt they're going to give me decent money for a 15 year old Pilot. Now onto the search for another car.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
That sucks. Hopefully you were mentally prepared for this outcome. I hope you find a reliable replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts