Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Dings
I was just thinking
The side door panels have two raised ridges that run the length of each door. These ridges are obviously designed to catch opening doors and run away shopping carts. I think they are perfect candidates for "clear bra" strips. I got a feeling these ridges are going to get pretty banged up if you spend any time in parking lots.
I share the garage with a Volvo and I know the ridges catch the Volvo's doors.
It looks like they could be installed real clean with no edges.

Is this a project for Wong? And if so I claim IP and annual licensing fees.

Ciao
Mooz
exlss

·
Registered
154 Posts
WWong's the man! I have placed his 3M clear tape (1-in. wide, 14mm thick) on my door edges, the leading edge of my hood, and on the leading edge of my rear hatch door. The tape blends in well enough, although on darker colors it shows a bit more.

I think this tape will go a long way in protecting these edges. For the side moulding, I imagine you'd want the tape a little wider, though.

wwong will know.

ammdaddy

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I'vw had a few request for a protective tape for the side moulding. My response has been for everyone to go to www.xpel.com. You can buy a bulk roll and try applying the tape to the entire side moulding. But since this is such a large surface area you are covering, I don't think it is that easy to do without getting wrinkles and bubbles. The tape is also pretty expensive. I figure you would need to spend $60 to cover the side moulding. To cover just the ridge,{the part of the side moulding that sticks out) seems a little tacky IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts