Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the 2011 Pilot Touring with Nav and DvD. Can I connect my Google pixel 2 and 3 to my car's Bluetooth? And what about the USB and Auxiliary connection? When I plug in the phone to USB it says "not supported" and with the Auxiliary cable, it says "aux-video in" and won't play. The auxiliary cable is connected to a USB-C cable adapter though (into my phone) and then an auxiliary cable connects to the end of that adapter into the car's Auxiliary port. Anyway, it seems that the Pilot only plays nice with Apple? Sorry I'm new to Pilots. Thank you guys n gals

·
Super Moderator
4,259 Posts
I've got a Pixel 2 XL and use the bluetooth extensively, I think that's the only way to use the phone with the van. I really don't think the van is capable of recognizing the phone via the USB or AUX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a Pixel 2 XL and use the bluetooth extensively, I think that's the only way to use the phone with the van. I really don't think the van is capable of recognizing the phone via the USB or AUX.
How did you get it to connect? I've been trying and can't get it to work.

·
Super Moderator
4,259 Posts
The procedure is in the owner's manual. I'm not anywhere near the van so I can't help you out, it's pretty straightforward though.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a pixel2. The bluetooth connection is for phone calls only. I use the google usb-c to 3.5mm adapter and plug in to AUX for audio.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For Audio Playback:

For Apple devices the USB in the center console will work to connect audio. The music can be seen on the playback Navi screen and selected if I remember right.

For non Apple products you have to use the Audio jack and switch the audio input to AUX on the radio.

To be honest though I usually drive and the wife plugs her iPhone into the audio jack and DJs from the passenger seat. So in my opinion your not missing much with the USB jack not working with your Pixel phone.

Side note you can charge your phone thru the USB(with an adapter) but its slower than using the 110V and your Google issued charger.

Bluetooth only works for making calls on your phone no audio connection. Remember this was the cutting edge technology back in 2009 haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts