Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was excited to start using Google maps on my 2019 Pilot. Apple iOS 12 adds google maps to CarPlay. The app loads fine in CarPlay. Once google maps opens there is a small microphone bottom right of screen used to voice dictate a location search. I press the the screen and it shows a pulsating dot asking where to?. However the system can’t hear me. I can type in a location and it works. Siri doesn’t work so I can’t use steering wheel voice prompt. Tried reset of system,different iPhones . Called Honda and Apple . No answer to make it so after I push the microphone icon google maps can here me. I have seen videos on you tube of iOS 12 ,Google Maps, working flawlessly with voice search after pressing the microphone. Sorry so lengthy. Anyone have same issue or is getting google maps “voice” feature working ? Of course my wife has an Android phone and the microphone icon in android play works!

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I was excited to start using Google maps on my 2019 Pilot. Apple iOS 12 adds google maps to CarPlay. The app loads fine in CarPlay. Once google maps opens there is a small microphone bottom right of screen used to voice dictate a location search. I press the the screen and it shows a pulsating dot asking where to?. However the system can’t hear me. I can type in a location and it works. Siri doesn’t work so I can’t use steering wheel voice prompt. Tried reset of system,different iPhones . Called Honda and Apple . No answer to make it so after I push the microphone icon google maps can here me. I have seen videos on you tube of iOS 12 ,Google Maps, working flawlessly with voice search after pressing the microphone. Sorry so lengthy. Anyone have same issue or is getting google maps “voice” feature working ? Of course my wife has an Android phone and the microphone icon in android play works!

I have the exact issue. I use iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 12 and latest google maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes app has permission and works fine with voice prompts when phone isn’t connected to Pilot

·
Registered
28 Posts
The first time I started it up it asked me to allow the app to use the microphone, once I allowed it, the voice recognition worked for me. I'll try it again today just to make sure and let you know.

I have a '19 Elite and a iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I allowed microphone,when it popped up and asked. Like I mentioned before. It just isn’t working. Called a dealer, he said he tested his phone on one in the show room and he said it didn’t work for him there . He could have been lying just so he didn’t have to actually test it. No idea why it isn’t working. I’m pretty tech savvy but haven’t found a solution.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I apologize, I went out to look at the Google maps on the vehicle and I was mistaken about using the microphone function on the app. Mine as well is NOT working. I am going to contact google about this issue. If I get any more info I will pass it along. I am sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
FWIW I just installed iOS 12 and tried it with our '17 EXL. I couldn't get google maps to come up so I deleted the app on my phone (iPhone 6) and re-loaded it. Then I was able to get google maps. I pushed the microphone button on the car's screen and it didn't work. The phone didn't ask to allow microphone usage. I then unplugged the phone and plugged it back in. This time there was a request on the phone to allow the microphone use, which I accepted. I had to push the microphone button on the car's screen a few times but it finally worked. I tried it later in the day and everything worked the first time, including the microphone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still doesn’t work on my 2019 touring. I had same message as you and allowed but it has never worked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts