Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Touring (Canada)
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pilot has recently been fixed from blowing a fuse. Now when I have my phone plugged in, my Google Map voice navigation isn’t working from my phone. When it’s unplugged, it works fine. Everything was working before the blown fuse. I don’t know what’s going on ...

I was able to have Bluetooth on and play FM radio music while having my phone plugged into the USB and the Google Map will say the turn by turn directions. Now it won’t. 😔 Any ideas what may have happened or how to fix? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,487 Posts
Check the phone settings and check the infotainment audio settings. Sounds as if one of them got changed.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I’m not sure if this will help too much, but you could try and see if the built in Honda’s voice control works. If that doesn’t work, maybe something else is wrong with the car, but if it works, it might be as simple as changing your charger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up doing a factory reset/erasing all the data and it seemed to help. Only 3 of the 5 USB ports were affected initially. Now all 5 are working again. Fingers crossed it stays working. Thanks for the ideas. 😁

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ended up doing a factory reset/erasing all the data and it seemed to help. Only 3 of the 5 USB ports were affected initially. Now all 5 are working again. Fingers crossed it stays working. Thanks for the ideas. 😁
I thought only one USB port is for carplay. the others are for charging only.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought only one USB port is for carplay. the others are for charging only.
CarPlay isn’t available on the 2016 models. The voice navigation doesn’t play over the vehicle speaker just on my phone. But even that stopped working. That was my issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
CarPlay isn’t available on the 2016 models. The voice navigation doesn’t play over the vehicle speaker just on my phone. But even that stopped working. That was my issue.
Gotcha. I am glad you got it fixed by resetting to factory default setting... definitely some weird problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So those 3 USB ports are not working AGAIN! This error came up (see pic). It’s got to be some kind of glitch because if I use the Aux port/cigarette lighter thing with the USB adapter, it works. Something about those ports are glitching. Grrrr ... love the SUV, just not the glitchy system. 😞

·
Registered
813 Posts
A lot of people have had weird random issues when their battery gets old. Im not sure if this helps too much tho.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A lot of people have had weird random issues when their battery gets old. Im not sure if this helps too much tho.
Good to know. If and when we have to change the battery, I’ll see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts