Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start this one off since there doesn't seem to be anything specific to the Toronto area.

I purchased my '03 Pilot EX-L from Mississauga Honda in the Erin Mills Auto Mall (Dundas & Glen Erin) on Thursday.

I dealt with Chris Palalas in Sales, and found that he was very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable regarding the vehicle. At no point did he pressure me to make a purchase decison prior to me coming to one on my own, and when we negotiated the final price he was open and willing to consider any reasonable offer. We came to an acceptable price quickly and easily, with all parties being happy with the end result.

The dealership also gave me a respectable trade-in on my '97 CR-V, which has served me well but is in need of replacement. The Sales Manager, Dean Sicolas, was also polite and professional, and did not become an obstacle to Chris and I reaching a mutually acceptable deal.

I ended up getting the vehicle for $41,700 plus $800 for some options that would normally go for $1500. So, $42,500 all in, plus the usual taxes and fees.

I would highly recommend this dealer if you are in the Mississauga area and are looking for a Pilot. Even if they do not have the one you want in stock, they will quickly locate a vehicle for you at another local dealer, and bring it in for you. In my case, they had me in the vehicle in less than 2 business days, which is pretty good considering that they didn't have mine on the lot at the time I made the purchase.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me through the forum.

Later...

Anthony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Avoid this Canadian Dealer

I will NEVER deal with this dealer (Mississauga Honda)
I gave them my previous business (Honda Accord EX 2000 Fully Loaded) soon coming of lease plus service over last four years of this Honda and my other Honda (Honda Civic)
I went to see dealer - my previous sales guy no longer works there
They assigned me a new guy - Ahmed who turned out to be a "least informed" junior salesman
I tried to deal with Leasing Manager - Nina Jetley and she did not show up for an appointment after we had booked the appointment a week in advance (in April)
When we show up for next appointment no real reason was given as to why she could not make it first time ; nor there was any consideration for inconvenience caused (I took couple of hrs of work on Thursday afternoon)
I haggled with the salesman for over three hours came to a negotiated price for leasing and he started slipping back Freight + PDI which was negotiated as part of Total Cost for Lease just before I was ready to see Business Manager bringing down the discount he had given his "Loyal Customer"
New Car Manager was equally useless
My recommendation to anyone buying in Mississauga - go to other dealers - STAY AWAY from these guys
This experience is recent (April 2003)
I will be looking into Pilot but through other dealers in Toronto/GTA area.

Shashi:mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts