Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a dealership with a good service department near Bethesda?

I bought our Pilot a long way from DC (price reasons), and now I have a minor warranty issue and a need for the initial service.

Thanks very much in advance.

fitzkorn

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
fitzkorn said:
Can anyone recommend a dealership with a good service department near Bethesda?

I bought our Pilot a long way from DC (price reasons), and now I have a minor warranty issue and a need for the initial service.

Thanks very much in advance.

fitzkorn
Well, fitzkorn, I can't speak for Virginia dealerships....maybe someone else here can. Here's what I can share, that may or may not be helpful to you:

I haven't heard horrible complaints about the dealership that's probably nearest you--Herson's in Rockville. [Edit--not true. There's Ourisman Honda in Bethesda; thx IronHonda] But I took my business from there years ago because of : 1) hourly labor rate, 2) length of time it usually took to get a service appt., and 3) my perception that they were fat and happy and really didn't value me as a customer.

I began taking my vehicles to Shockley Honda in Frederick years ago and probably trust them the most in the service realm. They haven't done me wrong yet....and there is still a man named Shockley there in the office everyday who runs a tight ship and genuinely seems to care about the service provided by his family business.

But Shockley is a trek from Bethesda, so that brings me to Criswell Honda in Germantown. This is a pretty new dealership, maybe a year old. Since I bought my Pilot from them in Dec., I haven't had much time to form a real opinion of their service, but..... they have a large, state-of-the-art service facility, it's easy to get an appt. with them, and they seem very focused on customer service and making sure no one's unhappy with their experience at Criswell. I had a problem with terrible radio reception in my Pilot, and Criswell found a partially connected plug that turned out to be the source of the problem. Warranty service, of course.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ziploc thanks for telling me about Shockley Honda earlier. I emailed one of the Service Managers about my problems and they seemed really nice. It's about an hour drive from me but well worth it if I have a good experience with a service department.

I'll let you know what happens when I take it over there

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
PaulV7 said:
Ziploc thanks for telling me about Shockley Honda earlier. I emailed one of the Service Managers about my problems and they seemed really nice. It's about an hour drive from me but well worth it if I have a good experience with a service department.

I'll let you know what happens when I take it over there
Happy to have been of help, PaulV7.

For years, I passed up the convenience of Herson's for a 45-minute trip to Shockley's for my service. As it happens, I now work right up the street from them!!!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Ziploc said:

As it happens, I now work right up the street from them!!!
your lucky!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts